- Registration is not complete until tuition charges and fees incurred at
registration have been paid in accordance with University procedures. Preregistered
students are requested to comply with the payment deadline specified in the
semester class schedule.
- Late registrants must obtain instructors' approval to register for classes.
- A hold will be placed on registration for students who have not paid any
tuition charges and fees as of the twentieth instructional day of the semester
during the academic year (tenth day of class during summer term).
- Students must obtain instructor approval to register for a class after the
"last day to add" date published in the semester class schedule.
- Grades, transcripts, and diplomas will not be released for students who
have outstanding financial obligations at the close of a semester or summer
Add, Drop or Change of Courses
The following guidelines apply unless otherwise noted in the
current Class Schedule.
- An instructor may decide to drop a student who does not attend the first 3 class meetings.
- Schedule changes may be made without financial obligation
through the fifth class day of the semester.
- Students must obtain instructor approval to register for a
class after the "last day to add" date published in the semester
- Students may withdraw (drop) from a course at any time up to
twenty-five (25) days before final examinations begin (five
 days in summer) unless otherwise noted in the current
semester class schedule--after this time, no course may be dropped
except in special hardship cases. A student wishing to withdraw
from a course must follow the proper procedure using the Web registration option. Courses
dropped after the fifth day of classes will be assigned a "W"
- See "Academic Procedures" this section for withdrawal from all
- No refunds for dropped courses will be given after the fifth
class day of the semester unless otherwise noted in the current
- No course may be dropped during the last twenty-five (25)
instructional days of the semester (last five  days of
summer) except in special hardship cases.
- No student is added or dropped from a course until the proper
procedure is followed using the Web registration option.
- Withdrawal from classes could affect continued eligibility for
Apart from those courses whose descriptions state they may be
repeated, any course may be repeated once for the purpose of
replacing the former grade with a new grade. Students wishing to do
this must file a Repeat Form with the Records Office. Once
the form is filed, the new grade, whether higher, the same, or lower,
will be substituted for the original grade in computing the grade
point average and total semester credits applied toward graduation.
However, the original course and its grade will remain on the
transcript. Classes originally taken for a letter grade must be
repeated for a letter grade.
Prerequisites and Corequisites
A prerequisite is a course that must be taken or an experience
that must be acquired prior to registration for the course that lists
the prerequisite. Departments may waive prerequisites in specific
A corequisite is a course that must be taken or an experience that
must be acquired concurrent with enrollment in the course that lists
the corequisite. Departments may waive corequisites in specific
It is the prerogative of the instructor to drop students from a class if they have not completed the prerequisites and/or corequisites as listed in the college catalog.
Withdrawal from School
See "Academic Procedures," this section.
BSU Catalog Home |
Catalog Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org