BSU Catalog Home | Modern Languages Program | Modern Languages Course Desciptions
Majors and Minors in Modern Languages
Note: The name that will appear on the licensure is World Languages and Cultures.
For requirements for entry into and completion of teacher licensure programs, see "For All Education Majors" under Professional Education, this catalog.
I. Required Core Courses
- ML 3470 Methods of Teaching Modern Languages (4 credits)
- ML 4430 Linguistics (3 credits)
- SPAN 3311 Composition and Conversation (3 credits)
- SPAN 3312 Advanced Readings and Conversation (3 credits)
- SPAN 4430 Spanish Grammar and Linguistics (1 credit)
- Select 11 credits from other SPAN courses numbered 3300 or above.
Subtotal 25 Credits
II. Required Electives
Select 6 credits of electives with consent of advisor.
Subtotal 6 Credits
III. Required Professional Education Courses
For specific courses, see Professional Education: Secondary, this catalog.
Subtotal 33 Credits
Total Semester Credits Required for Major 64 Credits
A Total of 128 Semester Credits is Required for a Bachelor's Degree