The Deans' List is published each semester and recognizes students
who during that semester have earned a minimum GPA of 3.25 for twelve
(12) or more semester credits of letter-graded (A, B, C, D, F) course
- Summa cum laude: at least 3.90 GPA.
- Magna cum laude: at least 3.70, but less than 3.90 GPA.
- Cum laude: at least 3.50, but less than 3.70 GPA.
COMPUTATION OF GRADUATION HONORS
For instructions in calculating grade point average, see Grades and
Grading later in this section.
- Students must complete a minimum of
fifty (50) semester credits in residence with letter grades of A,
B, C, or D.
Transfer students: 1) For transfer students with fifty (50) credits or more in residence,
only the GPA earned at Bemidji State University is used in determining honors. 2) Transfer students who have earned a total of
thirty (30) to forty-nine (49) credits in residence at Bemidji State University
with letter grades of A, B, C, or D may be considered for honors status if
their cumulative grade point average (GPA) from each institution of higher
education is at least 3.50. The lowest GPA earned determines the final level
- Honors at the time of the commencement ceremony are computed
on the cumulative grades at the end of the semester prior to
commencement exercises. However, actual degree honors will be
based on the cumulative GPA at the time the degree is
- Incompletes are computed as F grades.
See entry in Section VII.
BSU Catalog Home |
Catalog Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org