The online degree is a 71 unit degree program that requires you to have completed at least an A.A. degree or have completed all liberal education requirements. The program may be completed in as little as two years depending on the number of credits taken each semester.
The suggested schedules below assume that the student has completed Accounting Principles I and II, Microeconomics, Markets & Resources, College Algebra and Business Statistics.
All courses designated as I and II must be taken in order: I first and then II.
Required Courses and Suggested Schedules
- 120 Credits must be earned from all sources for your degree. Up to 88 credits can be from a community college. Additional rules apply for technical college applicants. Transfer courses with grades of D or higher accepted.
- Completion of an AA degree (preferred) or Minnesota transfer Curriculum. Otherwise a course by course evaluation of liberal education courses.
- Forty Credits at the 3000 or 4000 level.
- Thirty credits must be from Bemidji State University.
- A minimum of 24 semester credits of courses from the Bemidji State University Accounting major. Major Field – minimum 2.25 GPA – the major field includes all courses taken at Bemidji State University in the area of study.
- Completion of the degree requirements. Course equivalencies from community colleges are subject to Department approval.