Tickets are now on sale for the 48th Annual Madrigal Dinners!
The 48 annual Madrigal Dinners will be held December 1-4 at Beaux Arts Ballroom at Bemidji State University. All dinners will be held at 7:00pm except for December 4, which will be held at 5:00pm.
The Madrigal Dinners, founded by Paul Brandvik in 1968, are an annual musical dinner production of music and masque (play) sponsored by the BSU Music Department and presented by students from all majors across campus.This annual BSU tradition recreates a yuletide feast in a renaissance castle in Elizabethan England, complete with the Royal Court (Chamber Singers), Beggars, Cellar Keepers, Recorders, Royal Brass, and the King’s Players who perform the masque.
This year, our masque, “The Fool Hardies: Unemployed”, is directed by BSU’s own Dr. Season Ellison, and is about a group of out of work political consultants after the election is over. From misread stage directions to hilarious versions of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar and Romeo and Juliet performed for the King and Queen, this is a show you do not want to miss!
You can mail the ticket-request form to the following address:
BSU Music Department
1500 Birchmont Dr NE #16
Bemidji, MN 56601
Order in person:
- Visit the Madrigal Ticket office on the second floor of Bangsberg Hall (1500 Birchmont Dr. NE, Bemidji, MN, 56601). Here are our office hours:
- November 23: 8:30am-9:30am
- November 24–26: CLOSED for the Thanksgiving Holiday, but online sales and sales by mail are still being accepted!
- November 27-December 2: 10am–12pm, 1pm-3pm
- Pick up an order form and envelope at the Madrigal Ticket office anytime, and place it with payment in our Main Office (Room 201) dropbox.
Unfortunately, phone orders are not accepted. Vegetarian and gluten-free meals are available upon request.
Please contact us at 218-755-3406 with any questions.