Skip Navigation

Getting started

If you plan to pursue a degree as an Extended Learning student, you must apply for admission into a graduate or undergraduate degree program through Bemidji State University.  If you plan to take a few courses but don’t plan to pursue a degree or apply for financial aid, you may apply as a special student.

Note:  Once you have been admitted as an Extended Learning student, you may register for both on-campus and Extended Learning courses.

Undergraduate application for Extended Learning:

Distributed Learning in Teacher Education (DLiTE) Program: Review the DLiTE admissions procedures

For all other Extended Learning undergraduate programs, click here to apply online.

Undergraduate Special (non degree seeking) Student Application:

If you plan to take individual courses without applying for financial aid or before applying to a degree program, you can apply online as an undergraduate special student, and register for classes as soon as your application is processed.  Processing is usually completed within a few days.  Follow the “online application” instructions and select the following:

  • “Bemidji State University” as your location
  • “Online” as your delivery method
  • “Undecided” as your area of study
  • “Not seeking degree” as your intended degree.

Transferring credits:  If you wish to transfer credits from another institution, you may do so when you apply for a degree program. 

Graduate Application:

If you plan to take online courses at the graduate level, you will need to apply to BSU through the School of Graduate Studies.

Office of Admissions

  • (218) 755-2040
  • Toll-free: (800) 475-2001, ext. 1
  • Fax: (218) 755-2074

>Explore your options for Financial Aid