Skip Navigation


A student may be admitted to graduate study who has earned a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional or national accrediting agency.

Students with an undergraduate grade point average below 2.75 may be admitted on a provisional basis. For students admitted provisionally, a "B" (3.00) average must be attained for the first eight (8) semester hours of resident graduate work attempted. Workshop grades will not be used to determine overall GPA during the first eight (8) semester hours.

Students who are within eleven (11) semester hours of satisfying undergraduate degree requirements may petition to take course work at the graduate level (i.e. 5000 level courses). Graduate course work cannot be applied toward satisfying undergraduate degree requirements. Approval must be obtained in advance of registration for a graduate course. Complete a Graduate Petition, secure the required signatures and submit to the Graduate Studies office.

Fall semester and summer session applicants should apply by May 1 for early consideration.