Office/Department: Sociology, Women's Studies Gender Studies
Location: Hagg-Sauer Hall 317
Phone: (218) 755-2828
Box #: 23
Hi! Here’s a little biographical info on me and a pic so you can visualize who you’re communicating with when you email me. I’m originally from Winnipeg, but moved to Texas for graduate school about 17 years ago. After graduate school I was at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as a Research.
- PhD, Texas A&M University
- MS, Texas A&M University
- BA (Hons), University of Winnipeg
- Environmental Sociology
- Sociology of Disasters
- Groups and Organizations
- Coastal zone issues
- Environmental justice
- Local level capacity-building
- Collaborative research
- “Local CZM Capacity Pre and Post Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav and Ike: A Comparison Study”, LA Sea Grant Report, 2011.
- PowerPoint Companion materials, Brinkerhoff et al. “Essentials of Sociology” 2010
- “An Exploration of Organizational Adaptation: The Emergence of the Neptune Group and its Role in the Third United Nations conference on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS III)”, International Journal of Sociological Research, Vol 2(1-2), 2009.
- “The Use of Frames Analysis in Evaluating Capacity-Building in Local Coastal Programs in Louisiana”, Rural Sociology, Vol 73(1), 2008.
- “A Mitigation Tale of Two Texas Cities”, International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters”, Vol 23(2), 2005
- “’For Hire’ in the US Gulf of Mexico: A Typology of Offshore Charter and Party Boat Operations”, MAST (Maritime Studies), Vol 3(1), 2004.
Hobbies: Canoeing, camping, music, theatre…and my cats