Office: Decker Hall 130
Phone: (218) 755-2906
Box #: 30
- Masters of Business Administration in Accounting – University of Saint Thomas- St. Paul, Minnesota- Graduated September 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, and International Management Certificate- Luther College- Decorah, Iowa- Graduated in June 1987
- Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts- Rochester Community College – Rochester, Minnesota- Graduated June 1983
- Certified Public Accountant- Minnesota – Licensed in 2006- license current
I primarily teach Intermediate Accounting.
- August 2006 to Present – Accounting – Bemidji State University – Bemidji, Minnesota
- 2000-2006 – Instructor – Rasmussen, Lake Superior, and Globe Colleges & University of Saint Thomas – St. Paul, Minnesota
- Taught various business and accounting courses which include: Advanced Accounting, College Accounting, Computer Accounting Applications (Peachtree), Computer Accounting Principles (QuickBooks), Entrepreneurship, Finance, Income Tax, Investments, Intermediate Accounting, Introduction to Business, Managerial Accounting, Management, Management Accounting, Microcomputers, Payroll Accounting, and PowerPoint.
Awards, honors, and recognitions
- Making a Difference – presented by BSU Student Advisory Group
Prior experience not in education
- 2003-2006 Accounting Officer Principal, Financial Reporting
- State of Minnesota – Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Directed the implementation of interim financial statements and business activity reporting
- Assisted in the accumulation of data for and the preparation of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Annual Financial Report and other system-wide reports.
- Prepared financial statements for college institutions so that the statements were completed on an accurate, consistent and timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 2000-2003- Senior Auditor – State of Minnesota – Office of the Legislative Auditor
- Performed complex internal and external financial, operations, and compliance audits of governmental agencies to ensure adequacy of financial records, compliance with GAAP, effectiveness of controls, adequacy of reporting conventions, and compliance with State and Federal Laws and rules. Evaluated and examined agency/firm’s financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure they are accurate and adequate to protect against fraud, waste, and material errors. Also, conducted field audits.
- 1991-1999 – Business Manager/Co-founder – Designer’s Viewpoint – Rochester, Minnesota
- Performed all accounting and bookkeeping functions for interior design business. Ordered inventory and scheduled subcontractor activities. Submitted sales tax and payroll tax forms as needed. Prepared financial statements using Peachtree and QuickBooks accounting software packages.
- 1987-1991 – Department Manager – Carson Pirie Scott – Roseville, Minnesota
- Supervised sales staff of 20 associates. Performed merchandising, selling and inventory activities for a department with over $1 million in sales volume. Hired and trained sales staff.
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Governmental Accountants