Professor, Dept. Chair
Office: Sattgast Hall 377D
Phone: (218) 755-2923
Box #: 27
I grew up in Le Center, Minnesota and I graduated from the University of Minnesota-Morris with a B.A. degree in Chemistry. I completed my Ph.D. in Chemistry at the University of Denver.
My primary teaching area is biochemistry, but I have also taught several other chemistry courses including: Principles of Chemistry, General Chemistry, Criminalistics, Biochemical Toxicology and Consumer Chemistry. I consider myself a protein chemist and my research interests include the study of the correlation between the structure and function of proteins and enzyme kinetics.
My interests outside the classroom include fishing, biking and coaching the offensive line for the BSU football team.
- Venien-Bryan, C., Lowe, E. M., Boisset, N., Traxler, K. W., Carlson, G. M., and Johnson, L. N. (2002) Three-Dimensional Structure of Phosphorylase Kinase at 22 Å Resolution and its Complex with Glycogen Phosphorylase b. Structure, 10, 33-41.
- Traxler, K. W., Norcum, M. T., Hainfeld, J. F. and Carlson G. M. (2001) Direct Visualization of the Calmodulin Subunit of Phosphorylase Kinase via Electron Microscopy Following Subunit Exchange. J. Struc. Bio., 135, 231-238.
- Nadeau, O. W., Traxler, K. W., Fee, L. R., Baldwin, B. A., and Carlson G. M. (1999) Interactions of the catalytic and endogenous calmodulin subunits of phosphorylase kinase are altered by effectors that target its regulatory a and b subunits. Biochemistry. 38, 2551-2559.
- Nadeau, O. W., (1998) Zero-length crosslinking of the b subunit of phosphorylase kinase to the N-terminal half of its regulatory asubunit. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 251, 637-641.
- Traxler, K. W., Norcum, M. T., and Carlson, G. M. (1997) Exchange of free calmodulin for the endogenous d subunit in phosphorylase b kinase. FASEB J. 11, A1186.
- Traxler, K. W. and Dewey, T. G. (1994) Effects of depalmitoylation on the physicochemical properties of rhodopsin. Biochemistry 33, 1718-1723.