Office/Department: Human Performance, Sport, and Health
Location: Physical Education Complex 207
Phone: (218) 755-2766
Box #: 29
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Studies and Management, Bemidji State University
- Masters of Science degree in Exercise Physiology, University of Kentucky
- Ph.D. in Human Development – with an emphasis in Wellness (Physical Activity and Nutrition) North Dakota State University
- American College of Sports Medicine – Clinical Exercise Specialist®
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist®.
- Disease Prevention and Epidemiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Community Health
- Advanced Fitness Assessment & Prescription-Aerobic
- Advanced Principles for Strength and Speed Training
- Internship/Practicum Supervision
- Lead author of 5 peer-reviewed journal articles
- Two book chapters published in a college-level health and wellness text
- Presented at over 20 national or regional health/exercise-related conferences on variety of topics.
- Research interests include: health promotion, role of physical activity in prevention and management of chronic illness, interventions/strategies that impact behavior change, cultural, social, and environmental factors that promote health, quality of life and active living.
- Dr. White has been working full time in the health and fitness promotion field for 20 years.
- Prior to his move to academia he worked with MeritCare Health Systems (now Sanford Health) Department of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation in Fargo, ND where he spent nine years as an Exercise Physiologist caring for patients across the age spectrum with chronic disease. He also helped create and coordinate an award winning faith community-based health/physical activity promotion program entitled Faithfully Fit Forever
- Involved with multiple university committees and is serving terms on two non-profit boards within the Bemidji community.
- In my free-time I enjoy reading, woodworking, and recreating in the great outdoors
- Spending time with my lovely wife and 3 active children as much as I can