The following is a complete list of the Library’s periodical article databases and other select online resources that are available for in-library use by all patrons and off-campus by BSU students, faculty, and staff.
In the “Find A Journal” tab to the right, you can search for specific full-text online periodicals, or browse a list of subjects.
Please let us know if you need any assistance in finding the resources you need!
- Academic Search Premier “Academic Search Premier contains indexing for nearly 16,000 publications, with full text for more than 4,700 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for nearly 140 journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles. Academic Search Premier contains full text coverage in biology, chemistry, education, engineering, humanities, physics, psychology, religion and theology, sociology, etc.”
- ACM Digital Library A “full text collection of every article published by ACM, including over 50 years of archives.” This is the full-text companion to the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Guide to Computing Literature, “a bibliographic collection from major publishers in computing with over 945,000 entries.” Both can also be accessed via the ACM Portal.
- ACS Journal Publications Search and view the full text of all American Chemical Society journals from 1879 – 1995. BSU students, faculty, and staff also have access to the full publication runs of more than ten ACS Journal titles, including the following:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- AGRICOLA National Agricultural Library’s web gateway to AGRICOLA (AGRICultural OnLine Access), bibliographic database of citations to the agricultural literature. Or, try the National Agricultural Library’s new online article search, PubAg.
- Alt HealthWatch “This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. It offers full-text articles for more than 190 international, and often peer-reviewed, journals and reports, with full-text going back to 1990 (abstracting and indexing back to 1984). In addition, there are hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research, and book excerpts.”
- America: History & Life Provides citations & abstracts to journal articles about U. S. and Canadian history. Covers over 1,800 journals published worldwide, including state historical society journals, as well as media and dissertations. Coverage for some titles dates back to the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- ArchiveGrid “ArchiveGrid is an important destination for searching through historical documents, personal papers, and family histories held in archives around the world. Thousands of libraries, museums, and archives have contributed nearly a million collection descriptions to ArchiveGrid. Researchers searching ArchiveGrid can learn about the many items in each of these collections, contact archives to arrange a visit to examine materials, and order copies.”
- Bemidji Daily Pioneer (1904-1922) The full-text of the Bemidji Daily Pioneer (1904-1922 inclusive) is searchable and browseable via Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers, a website hosted by the Library of Congress, as well as through the Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub (Minnesota Historical Society).The Bemidji Pioneer (1896-1903 inclusive) and the Daily Pioneer (1903-Jan. 1904) are also available through the Chronicling America and Minnesota Newspaper Hub websites. Please contact the BSU Interlibrary Loan Staff to request copies from the Bemidji Pioneer.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans Bibliography of Native North Americans (BNNA) is a bibliographic database covering all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life. This resource covers a wide range of topics including archaeology, multicultural relations, gaming, governance, legend, and literacy. BNNA contains more than 190,000 citations for books, essays, journal articles, and government documents of the United States and Canada. Dates of coverage for included content range from the sixteenth century to the present.
- Biological Abstracts “Biological Abstracts encompasses the entire field of life sciences and provides comprehensive coverage of the world’s published biological and biomedical research. This includes traditional areas of biology, such as botany, zoology and microbiology, as well as experimental, clinical and veterinary medicine, biotechnology, environmental studies, and agriculture. Interdisciplinary fields such as biochemistry, biophysics and bioengineering are also included. More than 6.500 serials are monitored for inclusion. The database also includes short communications such as technical notes and letters. Abstracts are provided for full-length articles.” [view OvidSP User Guide] BSU’s access to Biological Abstracts is 1975 to 2007.
- BioOne “BioOne provides a unique aggregation of high-impact bioscience research journals, featuring timely content on a wide-array of today’s most pressing topics, including global warming, stem cell research, ecological and biodiversity conservation.”
- Birds of North America Online “BNA Online provides comprehensive life histories for each of the 716+ species of birds breeding in the USA (including Hawaii) and Canada.”. –web site. Includes multimedia, such as audio and video clips and images.
- Books in Print Includes US books in print, forthcoming books, books out of print, publisher database, videos and audiobooks. Includes reviews.
- Britannica Online Academic Edition “Your search results will include Encyclopedia Britannica and Britannica Concise Encyclopedia articles as well as media, Web sites, and videos. Magazine and journal articles from EBSCO are also available. Finally, from Merriam-Webster, you will see results for the dictionary and thesaurus as well as the notable quotations.”
- Business Source Premier “Business Source Premier offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly journals back to 1965 or the first published issue. This database includes more than 1,200 full-text journals and searchable references for more than 1,170 journals. Journal ranking studies reveal that Business Source Premier is the database for full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, econometrics and economics.”
- Business Source Premier (w/standard interface) “Business Source Premier offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly journals back to 1965 or the first published issue. This database includes more than 1,200 full-text journals and searchable references for more than 1,170 journals. Journal ranking studies reveal that Business Source Premier is the database for full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, econometrics and economics.”
- Cabell’s Directories BSU’s access to Cabell’s directories provides information on nearly 2000 journals in business, covering the fields of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Management, and Marketing. Entries include name of the journal, address, contact information, circulation figures, subject areas of the journal, guidelines for submitting manuscripts, reviewing process, and acceptance rates, when available. The index in each directory is by subject emphasis of the journal and by type of reviewing process. [View FAQ sheet for this database]
- CAMIO “OCLC’s Catalog of Art Museum Images Online is a growing online collection documenting works of art from around the world, representing the collections of prominent museums. CAMIO highlights the creative output of cultures around the world, from prehistoric to contemporary times, and covering the complete range of expressive forms. All content is rights-cleared for educational use in the classroom or to illustrate papers, Web projects and other assignments.” –Website.
- Catalog of U. S. Government Publications “Finding tool for federal publications that includes descriptive records for historical and current publications and provides direct links to those that are available online” is the resource to use for searching for publications produced by the U. S. Government Printing Office.
- Checkpoint RIA’s tax and accounting research library, which includes “complete tax law, expert RIA analysis, practitioner insights in WG&L treatises and journals, tax-related news, cases, rulings and more.”
- Choice Reviews Provides full text reviews of “significant current books and electronic resources of interest to those in higher education. Each month CHOICE publishes more than 600 reviews by subject experts”
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text CINAHL® Plus with Full Text is a comprehensive nursing & allied health research database, providing indexing for more than 5,000 journals, as well as full text for more than 730 of the journals indexed and more than 220 books. The database contains nearly 4.8 million records dating back to 1981, with full text coverage dating back to 1937. CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
- Cochrane Library “The Cochrane Library is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about groups in The Cochrane Collaboration. For more information about the Cochrane Library, go to the About the Cochrane Library page.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete CMMC offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts to more than 670 journal titles to support research in communication, mass media, linguistics, language learning and related fields of study; includes biographical profiles for over 5,500 authors. More than 520 journal titles include full-text.
- CQ Press Electronic Library Search across all of the Library’s CQ Electronic Library collections, including CQ Researcher and CQ Weekly.
- CQ Researcher “The CQ Researcher covers a wide range of social, economic, political, and environmental issues. Each report is divided into specific sections to guide research. Students can go directly to the section they need or can read the entire report.”
- CQ Weekly “CQ Weekly reports on the world’s most powerful legislative body completely and accurately every week. The CQ news team – by far the largest on Capitol Hill, with more than 100 reporters, editors, and researchers – covers virtually every act of Congress, delivering nonpartisan news and analysis unavailable anywhere else.”
- Credo Reference Includes searchable electronic versions of 100 reputable encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, atlases, and other reference tools from a wide range of disciplines.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text Provides citations, abstracts, and selected full text to articles about all aspects of criminal justice, criminology; criminal justice; criminal law and procedure; corrections and prisons; police and policing; criminal investigation; forensic sciences and investigation; history of crime; substance abuse and addiction; probation and parole.
- EBSCO eBook Collection Search and view the full text of eBooks covering a variety of topics. These eBooks can be accessed 24/7, both on-campus and off.
- EBSCO Electronic Journals Service Collection of electronic journals to which library subscribes through EBSCO Information Services. [view EJS Quick Reference Guide for Patrons].
- Education Full Text (via EBSCOhost) “…comprehensive coverage of an international range of English-language periodicals, monographs and yearbooks. Includes indexing, abstracts, and full text of articles cover to cover, from hundreds of education-related journals. Also includes information from the Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) database.”
- Educator’s Reference Complete “This powerful database covers multiple levels of education from preschool to college and includes every educational specialty, such as bilingual studies, health, technology and testing. Also included are resources on issues related to administration, funding and policy in education. Educator’s Reference Complete has more than 1,100 periodicals that cover a wide variety of subjects and 200 reports from the United States Department of Education.”
- Electronic Periodicals Available via BSU The Library has access to full-text content to over 156,000 journals online. You can search for a specific periodical title, by ISSN, or browse a list of E-Journals. Allows a user to determine if a specific periodical is available in electronic format full text to BSU students, faculty, and staff, for what time period it is available, and in which database it can found.
- Environment & Energy Publishing (E&E) Includes:
- EnergyWire : “EnergyWire is designed to bring readers deep, broad and insightful coverage of the transformation of the energy sector. EnergyWire focuses on the business, environmental and political issues surrounding the rapidly expanding unconventional energy industry and the numerous factors — from expanding natural gas use to renewables and more — that are altering the traditional electric utility industry”.
- ClimateWire : “ClimateWire is designed to bring readers unmatched coverage of the debate over climate policy and its effects on business, the environment and society.”
- Environment & Energy Daily : “Designed for policy players who need to know what’s happening to their issues on Capitol Hill. From federal agency appropriations to comprehensive energy legislation, E&E Daily is the place insiders go to track their environmental and energy issues in Congress.”
- GreenWire : “The one-stop source for those who need to stay on top of all of today’s major environmental and energy action. With an average of more than 25 stories a day, Greenwire covers the complete spectrum, from electricity industry restructuring to Clean Air Act litigation to public lands management.”
- E&E News PM : “A late afternoon roundup providing coverage of all the breaking and developing policy news from Capitol Hill, around the country and around the world. A must-read for the key players who need to be ahead of the next day’s headlines.”
- E&ETV : “Cutting-edge webcast program featuring in-depth interviews and analysis with compelling energy and environmental policy leaders. E&ETV is filmed and broadcast daily from E&E’s state-of-the-art studios on Capitol Hill.”
- Special Reports : Reports compile E&E coverage by topic/issue.
- ERIC The ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to educational-related literature.
- Expanded Academic ASAP “This premier database offers balanced coverage of every academic concentration – from advertising and microbiology to history and women’s studies… Balanced coverage is available through more than 5,000 indexed and more than 2,800 full-text titles (with no embargo) in a wide variety of disciplines including: social science journals, humanities journals, science and technology journals, national news periodicals, general interest magazines, newswires, The New York Times and many others. More than 2,800 journals are refereed, and more than 20 years of backfile coverage are included….”
- FDsys (GPO’s Federal Digital System) FDsys provides free online access to official Federal Government publications from all three branches of the Federal Government.
- Films On Demand A streaming video and multimedia database that includes thousands of videos in many subject areas, from high-quality sources such as Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, PBS, BBC, CBC, and many more. Available for classroom use or for streaming in online courses. [View “How To” articles and tutorials for Films on Demand].
- FirstSearch (OCLC) The databases available through FirstSearch currently include ArticleFirst, ClasePeriodica, Ebooks, ECO, ERIC, GPO, Medline, OAIster, PapersFirst, Proceedings, WorldCat, WorldCatDissertations.
- Gale Databases The Gale databases that are a part of the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) include several resources for elementary and secondary school students (the Junior Reference Collection, Kids InfoBits, the Discovering Collection, and Student Resources in Context) as well as the Professional Collection, and the Spanish-language resources Informe.
- General Science Collection “General Science Collection consists of over 600 peer-reviewed journals and access to more than 350 full-text, non-embargoed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology”
- GeoRef “The GeoRef database, established by the American Geological Institute (AGI) in 1966, provides access to the geoscience literature of the world. GeoRef is the most comprehensive AGI database in the geosciences and continues to grow by more than 80,000 references a year. The database contains over 3.6 million references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for database]
- GreenFILE “GreenFILE is a resource designed to help individuals and organizations interested in reducing the negative impact and increasing the positive impact they have on the environment. GreenFILE covers content going back more than 40 years…. The database contains more than 800,000 records, open access full text for more than 12,000 titles, and searchable cited references for more than 200 titles as well.”
- Guide to Computing Literature “A bibliographic collection from major publishers in computing with over 2 million entries.” This online index is a companion to the ACM Digital Library, a full text collection of every article published by ACM, including over 50 years of archives.” Both can also be accessed via the ACM Portal.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition contains scholarly, full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. It also includes the AHFS Consumer Medication Information guide.
- Hoover’s Pro “Hoover’s, Inc., delivers comprehensive company, industry, and market intelligence that drives business growth. Our database of more than 85 million companies, with in-depth coverage of 40,000 of the world’s top business enterprises, is at the core of our business tools and services that customers find vital to their business operations.”
- Information Bridge: DOE Scientific and Technical Information Information Bridge is now SciTech Connect. “The Information Bridge: DOE Scientific and Technical Information provides free public access to full-text documents and bibliographic citations of Department of Energy (DOE) research report literature. Documents are primarily from 1994 forward and were produced by DOE…. The Information Bridge contains documents and citations in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics of interest related to DOE’s mission.”
- Ingenta More than 5 million article citations from more than 13,000 multidisciplinary journals since Fall 1988. Contains links to many full-text articles.Note: The library does not acquire articles directly from Ingenta; however, via Interlibrary Loan BSU students, faculty & staff may use the citation information to request the article. See the Interlibrary Loan Services page for information about how to submit an Interlibrary Loan request.
- JSTOR “Full-text archive of core academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, as well as books and other materials. The entire corpus is full-text searchable, offers search term highlighting, includes high-quality images, and is interlinked by millions of citations and references.” Note: Because of JSTOR’s archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 2 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR.
- LexisNexis Academic “This flagship service provides full-text documents from over 17,000 news, business, and legal publications, with a variety of flexible search options.”
- Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts (LISTA) Provides citations and abstracts to articles, books, research reports and proceedings about librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and other related topics. Coverage in the database extends back as far as 1960.
- Literature Resource Center “… a complete literature reference database designed for both the undergraduate and graduate student as well as the sophisticated casual user. Rich in biographical, bibliographical, and critical content, the Literature Resource Center is the premier Internet resource for information on literary figures from all time periods writing in such genres as fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, history, journalism, and more.” This resource includes information from Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism, the Dictionary of Literary Biography series, and a substantial body of journal literature.”
- MasterFILE Premier “Designed specifically for public libraries and K-12 schools, MasterFILE Premier contains full text for 1,600 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. This database also contains full text for more than 450 reference books, 73,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 1.4 million photos, maps and flags. MasterFILE Premier offers PDF backfiles (as far back as 1922) for key publications including American Libraries, Foreign Affairs, History Today, Library Journal, National Review, Saturday Evening Post, etc.”
- MathSciNet MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature. (from site description) More about MathSciNet
- MathSciNet (via EBSCOhost) Search MathSciNet in the EBSCOhost database platform. MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature. (from site description)
- MEDLINE (via FirstSearch) “Covers all areas of medicine, including clinical medicine, experimental medicine, dentistry, nursing, health services administration, nutrition, and much more. Includes the MeSH thesaurus.” Coverage is from 1950 to the present.
- MEDLINE (via OVID) “Updated daily, MEDLINE on OvidSP offers you seamless and up-to-the-minute access to the latest bibliographic citations and author abstracts from more than 5,200 biomedical journals published in more than 70 countries.”
- MLA Directory of Periodicals “The MLA Directory of Periodicals contains information on over 6,000 journals and book series that fall within the scope of the MLA International Bibliography. This information has been gathered by the MLA staff with the cooperation of MLA bibliographers and the editors represented in the listings. The entries list editorial addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, frequency of publication, descriptions of scope, circulation figures, subscription prices and addresses, advertising information, links to online content, peer review, and submission guidelines…”
- MLA International Bibliography “The MLA International Bibliography, produced by the Modern Language Association of America, consists of bibliographic records pertaining to literature, language, linguistics, and folklore and includes coverage from the 1920’s to the present. The MLA International Bibliography provides access to scholarly research in nearly 6,000 journals and series. It also covers relevant monographs, working papers, proceedings, bibliographies, and other formats.”
- Morningstar.com(r) Library Edition “Identify stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs that meet your needs… Delve into the data of a stock or mutual fund you’re researching… Input two or more stocks and/or mutual funds to see how they work together as a portfolio….”
- Music Index Online “The Music Index Online is the single most comprehensive subject-author guide to music periodical literature … Coverage spans from 1970 to the present and contains surveyed data from nearly 500 music periodicals from over 40 countries, with English translations from 22 languages. Some backfile data from the period 1962-1975 is also included.”
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts Database “NCJRS hosts one of the largest criminal and juvenile justice libraries and databases in the world, the NCJRS Abstracts Database. The collection, with holdings from the early 1970s to the present, contains more than 222,000 publications, reports, articles, and audiovisual products from the United States and around the world. These resources include statistics, research findings, program descriptions, congressional hearing transcripts, and training materials.” Includes some links to full-text, primarily reports from the federal government.
- National Geographic Magazine Archive (1888 – 1994) “The National Geographic Magazine Archive, provides full-text searching of articles from National Geographic Magazine from its beginning in 1888, up until 1994. This comprehensive archive is an essential tool for researchers of all ages for the study of science, nature, geography and much more.”
- NationalJournal Includes:
- National Journal Magazine Archive : Access archive of the leading nonpartisan weekly on politics, policy and government.
- National Journal Hotline : Track American politics and campaigns with coverage of each day’s political news.
- National Journal Daily : Follow the key players and legislative process on Capitol Hill.
- Almanac of American Politics : Get analysis and data on every member of Congress and their states and districts.
- National Journal Daybook : Brings you the important information on the events happening on and off Capitol Hill.
- New York Times (1851-2013) with Index (1851-1993) Provides comprehensive digital coverage back to 1851 for this internationally renowned U.S. newspaper. Also provides deep indexing to such items as editorials, editorial cartoons, and obituaries. To search more recent years, use ProQuest Newsstand Complete.
- New York Times Archive Search, 1851-1980 Search for citations for articles published in the New York Times from 1851 – 1980. To search more recent years, use ProQuest Newsstand Complete.
- OCLC WorldCat Dissertations and Theses “All dissertations, theses and published material based on theses cataloged by OCLC members, including all subjects.”
- Open Access Journals Access free online journals at the following sites:
- Directory of Open Access Journals
This award-winning web site covers free, full text, quality controlled
(peer-reviewed) scientific and scholarly journals. Coverage includes
most subjects in many languages. There are now 9,400 journals in the
directory. Currently 6,585 journals are searchable at article level and
over 2.3 million individual articles.
Journals published online with the assistance of HighWire Press is the
largest archive of free full-text science on Earth! As of 3/25/15, we
are assisting in the online publication of 2.4 million free full-text
articles and 7.7 million total articles. There are 31 sites with free trial
periods, and 176 completely free sites. 299 sites have free back issues,
and 1,574 sites have pay per view.
- Public Library of Science: Biology
PLoS Biology is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal that features works of exceptional significance in all areas of biological science.
- PubMed Central
PubMed Central (PMC) is the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH)
free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Oxford English Dictionary Online “A guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. The online version contains all the printed materials that appear in the complete 23 volume set. Includes words from across the English-speaking world, from North America to South Africa, from Australia and New Zealand to the Caribbean. It also offers the best in etymological analysis and in listing of variant spellings, and it shows pronunciation using the International Phonetic Alphabet.”
- Philosopher’s Index “Provides citations and abstracts to articles and books about all aspects of philosophy, including “ethics, aesthetics, social philosophy, political philosophy, epistemology, and metaphysic logic as well as material on the philosophy of law, religion, science, history, education, and language.”
- Physical Education Index “These abstracts feature a wide variety of content, ranging from physical education curricula, to sports medicine, to dance. Other coverage includes sport law, kinesiology, motor learning, recreation, standardized fitness tests, sports equipment, business and marketing, coaching and training, and sport sociology/psychology. Health education and physical therapy are also covered as they continue to become more prevalent in our society.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for this database]
- PILOTS “The PILOTS bibliographic database, covering the Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress, is produced at the headquarters of the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in White River Junction, Vermont. The PILOTS database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Its goal is to include citations to all literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health sequelae of traumatic events, without disciplinary, linguistic, or geographical limitations, and to offer both current and retrospective coverage.”
- Points of View Reference Center “Points of View Reference Center is a full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides more than 1,850 main essays covering 400 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument), counterpoint (opposing argument), and Critical Thinking Guide.” (from EBSCO Publishing web site)
- Polling the Nations This database contains the full text of questions and responses from over 18,000 surveys conducted from 1986 through the present in the U.S. and 100 other countries. It covers topics such as gun control, abortion, government, women, race relations, the economy, families and children, and more.
- Professional Collection “The Professional Collection is a custom selection of more than 300 full-text journals for educators that is updated daily and provides 24-hour access from school or home. It offers balanced coverage for any professional educator in the following areas: arts and humanities; child and adolescent psychology and development; drug and alcohol abuse; health/nutrition/fitness; learning disabilities; literature; school law; science and technology; social sciences; and sports/athletic training.”
- Professional Development Collection “Professional Development Collection includes full text for more than 480 high-quality education journals including: Booklist, Education, Education Digest, Education Week, Educational Leadership, High School Journal, Journal of Education, Journal of Educational Research, Phi Delta Kappan, Reading Teacher, School Library Journal, and many others. This database also contains nearly 230 educational reports.”
- Project MUSE “Project MUSE is a leading provider of digital humanities and social science content for the scholarly community. Since 1995 the MUSE journal collections have supported a wide array of research needs at academic, public, special, and school libraries worldwide. MUSE is the trusted source of complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals from many of the world’s leading university presses and scholarly societies, with over 120 publishers currently participating. UPCC Book Collections on Project MUSE offer top quality book-length scholarship, fully integrated with MUSE’s scholarly journal content.” [View Project MUSE tutorials and User Guides].
- ProQuest Congressional “Explore government in action with the most comprehensive online resource available for Congressional hearings, public issues, legislation, history, and legal research.”
- ProQuest Global Newsstream “Global Newsstream enables users to search the most recent global news content – with archives back to the 1980s – from over 2,500 news sources including newspapers, newswires, news journals, television and radio transcripts, blogs, podcasts, and digital-only websites in full-text format. Global Newsstream incorporates the U.S. Newsstream, Canadian Newsstream, and International Newsstream databases.” Note:The database defaults to Global Newsstream, but can be changed to US Newsstream by choosing “Change Databases” in the navigation bar at the top of the page. [view ProQuest fact sheet for this database]
- ProQuest Politics Collection ProQuest Politics Collection gives users access to over 1,000 leading political science, international relations, and public policy journals. This collection provides full-text of many core titles included in Political Science Database, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, PAIS Index, and Policy File Index.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Databases Select any combination of these bibliographic databases to search simultaneously: ProQuest Politics Collection, PsycARTICLES, PsycINFO, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts, ERIC, and the Physical Education Index.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight “Enjoy fast and easy access to statistics produced by federal agencies, states, and intergovernmental organizations with advanced PowerTables functionality.”
- PsycARTICLES “PsycARTICLES is a database of full-text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association, the APA Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe & Huber. The database includes all material from the print journals.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for this database]
- PsycINFO “PsycINFO provides access to international literature in psychology and related disciplines. Unrivaled in its depth of psychological coverage and respected worldwide for its high quality, the database is enriched with literature from an array of disciplines related to psychology such as psychiatry, education, business, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, law, linguistics, and social work.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for database]
- PubAg PubAg is the National Agricultural Library’s search of the agricultural journal literature, and is part of of the AGRICOLA family of products. It contains full-text articles along with citations to peer-reviewed journal articles, and been enriched with NAL’s Agricultural Thesaurus terms and MeSH (Medical Subject Headings), when available.
- PubMed (MEDLINE) 26 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE. Free and unrestricted access to NLM’s digital archive of life sciences journals available at PubMed Central.
- Regional Business News “A supplemental database for customers of Business Source Premier. With daily updates, Regional Business News provides comprehensive full text for regional business publications (including titles from Crain Communications). Regional Business News has full text for more than 100 sources.”
- Resources for College Libraries (RCL) “The premier list of core print and electronic resources for academic libraries… Resources for College Libraries (RCL) covers the entire two-year and four-year college curriculum and provides a list of core titles that are essential for undergraduate study.”
- SAGE Journals Online with access to SAGE Full Text Collections “SAGE publishes more than 500 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine.” [View the Sage Journals Online User Guide].
- SAGE Knowledge Search and browse the full-text of authoritative social science reference content, including encyclopedias, handbooks, and dictionaries.
- ScienceDirect Emphasizes scientific, technical, and medical information. “Using ScienceDirect you can access over 3,800 peer reviewed academic journals, search over 30 million abstracts from scientific articles and link out to articles from over 80 other publishers.”
- SciTech Connect SciTech Connect is a portal to free, publicly accessible Department of Energy (DOE) research and development (R&D) results. Topics include physics, computer science, engineering, and renewable energy. SciTech Connect contains all the full-text documents and citations previously found in Information Bridge and Energy Citations Database. Thus, SciTech Connect contains over sixty-five years of energy-related citations created and/or collected by the U. S. Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI).
- Social Services Abstracts “Social Services Abstracts provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development. The database abstracts and indexes over 1,300 serials publications and includes abstracts of journal articles and dissertations, and citations to book reviews.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for database]
- Social Work Abstracts Provides citations and abstracts to articles from more than 500 social work and human services journals, covering all aspects of the social work field, including theory and practice, areas of service and social issues and problems.
- Sociological Abstracts “Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,800 serials publications (backfiles to 1952), and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers. Records added after 1974 contain in-depth and non-evaluative abstracts of journal articles.” [view ProQuest fact sheet for database]
- Star-Tribune (Minneapolis) Minnesota’s most important daily newspaper in full text, 1986- . Minneapolis Tribune, 1867-1922 presents full articles in PDF format and page maps in JPEG format.
- UlrichsWeb “Search or browse for records about magazines, journals, and newspapers to find information about the publisher, subject coverage and description of the item, status, start date of publication, ISSN, price for subscription, frequency and language of publication, circulation, indexing/abstracting information, other formats (including electronic), and when available, full text reviews from Library Journal or Magazines for Libraries.”
- Web of Science Multidisciplinary index to journal literature and conference proceedings in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. Offers the option to find cited references, which are the lists of articles that authors used in their research. Searchable collections include:
- Web of Science Core Collection:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (20 year rolling file)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (20 year rolling file)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (20 year rolling file)
- KCI-Korean Journal Database (1980-present): Provides access to articles from multidisciplinary journals covered in KCI. KCI is managed by the National Research Foundation of Korea and contains bibliographic information for scholarly literature published in Korea.
- MEDLINE: The U.S. National Library of Medicine® (NLM®) premier life sciences database.
- Russian Science Citation Index (2006-present): Access bibliographic information and citations to scholarly articles from Russian researchers in over 500 science, technology, medical, and education journals. Leading publications have been carefully selected and provided by the Scientific Electronic Library (eLIBRARY.RU), Russia’s largest research information provider.
- SciELO Citation Index (1997-present): Access to scholarly literature in sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities published in leading open access journals from Latin American, Portugal, Spain and South Africa.
- Web of Science Core Collection:
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts “Provides citations and abstracts to articles about all aspects of political science, including comparative politics, developing nations, disarmament, economic policy, electoral systems, environmental policy, history and theory of political science, International relations/trade, labor relations, military policy, methodology and research technology, public administration, security and defense, and welfare systems.”
- World News Digest “World News Digest brings together seven decades of news from the renowned Facts On File World News Digest in print. This unique archival record of domestic and international news, unrivaled for its depth, breadth, and accuracy, covers all major political, social, and economic events since November 1940. World News Digest is updated twice weekly and includes a searchable hourly newsfeed. Its more than 1 million internal hyperlinks allow researchers to follow a story ahead in time and back in time, and lead to just the background information they need to understand its significance.”
- WorldCat.org WorldCat.org is the freely available version of OCLC WorldCat. Use WorldCat.org to search for items from libraries throughout the world, and connect to the Library’s resources through the “BSU Links to Full Text” links within the results.