Instructions for Complete Withdrawal from School
If you would like to speak to a counselor or faculty about issues concerning academic or personal circumstances related to your withdrawal:
- You are encouraged to stop by the Counseling Center located in Cedar Hall or call 755-2024/2053 to set up a confidential meeting.
You should complete the following steps if you are withdrawing this semester from ALL your classes:
If you live in the residence halls and/or have a meal plan:
- Contact the Housing & Residence Life Office in Walnut Hall, 755-3750, to terminate your Residential Life Contract and receive directions for proper checkout procedures.
If you received any type of financial aid:
- Contact the Financial Aid Office in Deputy 114, 755-2034, to address the following: 1) possible repayment of aid received if you are withdrawing prior to 60% of the term being completed; 2) discuss your eligibility for future financial aid when you return to school; and 3) receive exit student loan information.
If you have received a Federal Perkins Loan:
- When you graduate, transfer or drop below six credits, Federal regulations require an exit interview.
Exit interview directions will be mailed to your permanent address. You will receive a pin number and the website (www.heartlandecsi.com) to complete your exit interview. If an exit interview is not completed for the Federal Perkins Loan there will be a hold placed on your financial aid and registration.
All students withdrawing must:
- Contact Emily in Deputy 202, 755-2046, to determine if you are to receive a refund or if financial aid repayment is necessary.
Finally, you must withdraw from all your classes by logging in to your e-Services account.
Questions? Need assistance? Stop by the Records Office, Deputy 101, or call 755-2020.