At BSU we strive to keep your records secure, and follow established procedures and policies in releasing your information.
We store directory information about all students that is deemed public and available to inquiries.
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Part-time or full-time status
- Degrees, awards, academic recognitions, and licenses received
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance
- Majors and minor fields of study
- Names of parents when associated with awards and officially recognized activities and sports events
- Student classification and date of graduation will be available to inquiries
All other information that Records & Registration stores about students is confidential and can only be released with the written consent of the student.
Students who desire to hold directory information (as listed above) confidential should complete the Anonymity Request form and return it to the Records & Registration Office at the time they register. This request for anonymity will remain in effect until canceled in writing. Students should be aware that this might jeopardize their chance of employment since calls for directory information from prospective employers will be refused. For more information please see our campus policy Privacy of Education Records.
Accessing & Updating Your Records
- Requesting Transcripts
- Understanding Your Degree Audit
- Declaring a Major
- Address and Demographic Information – follow this link to update information in e-Services or complete the Student Data Form.
- Current Class Schedule – log in to e-Services, click on courses and registration, then view/modify schedule.