BEMIDJI, Minn. – Nine faculty members with a combined total of 271 years of service to Bemidji State University will be named professors emeriti during the University’s 89th commencement excercises, Friday, May 16, at John Glas Fieldhouse.
Faculty who retire from the University with at least 15 years of service are eligible to receive emeriti status.
The group of 2008 emeriti are:
• Dr. Michael Garrett, professor emeritus of geography, 29 years;
• Mr. Richard Gendreau, professor emeritus of business administration, 39 years;
• Dr. Russell Lee, professor emeritus of psychology, 35 years;
• Mr. Richard Meyer, professor emeritus of accounting, 30 years;
• Dr. Catherine McCartney, professor emerita of education, 19 years;
• Dr. Tom Richard, professor emeritus of mathematics and computer science, 37 years;
• Dr. Johannas Jordan, professor emerita of education, 29 years;
• Mr. Robert Kyryluk, professor emeritus of business administration, 29.5 years;
• Dr. Madalyn Wick, professor emerita of accounting, 23.5 years.
Also during commencement, which begins with the traditional walk across campus at 1:25 p.m., approximately 700 students will be eligible to receive degrees and Dr. Alex Cirillo, vice president for community affairs with 3M and vice president of the 3M Foundation, will be recognized as the recipient of the 2008 Distinguished Minnesotan Award.
For more information on commencement ceremonies at Bemidji State University, please contact the Records Office, located in Deputy Hall on the Bemidji State campus, at (218) 755-2020.