BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University Bemidji Choir, Chamber Singers and Musikanten (men’s chorus), under the direction of Professor of Music Dr. P. Bradley Logan, will present a concert at the Cathedral of St. Paul in St. Paul, Minn., at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 21. The concert will serve as the kickoff to the choir groups’ European tour of England and Scotland.
The Cathedral of St. Paul is located at 239 Selby Ave. in St. Paul, Minn. Admission to the concert will be free of charge.
The concert will feature a selection of sacred pieces, songs on human emotion and nature and a set of spirituals.
The choir groups will depart for Glasgow, Scotland on Thursday, May 22, and will kick off a five-stop tour of Scotland and England on Saturday, May 24. The tour will conclude at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London on May 30.
• Saturday, May 24, 12:15 p.m. at the St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh, Scotland (formal recital)
• Sunday, May 25, 11:00 a.m. at the Chapel Royal at Stirling Castle, Stirling, Scotland
• Monday, May 26, 2 p.m. at the York Minster Cathedral in York, England (informal recital)
• Wednesday, May 28, 7:30 p.m. at the St. Nicholas Church in Kenilworth, England
• Friday, May 30, 1:15 p.m. at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London
The choir groups will remain in London for a day of sightseeing and will return to Minneapolis on Sunday, June 1.
Logan is the chair of the Department of Music and director of choral activities at Bemidji State. He also teaches conducting and is the conductor of the Bemidji Choir and the Chamber Singers.
For more information, contact the Department of Music at (218) 755-2915.
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
May 21 – 7:30 p.m. – Bemidji State University’s Bemidji Choir, Chamber Singers and Musikanten (men’s chorus) present a kickoff concert for their spring tour of England and Scotland. Location: Cathedral of St. Paul, 239 Selby Ave., St. Paul, Minn. Admission: free. For information: BSU Department of Music, (218) 755-2915; Cathedral of St. Paul, (651) 228-1766.