Seven faculty members with a combined total of 201 years of service to Bemidji State University will be named professors or directors emeriti during the University’s 93rd commencement excercises, Friday, May 4, at Bemidji’s Sanford Center.
Faculty who retire from the University with at least 15 years of service are eligible to receive emeriti status.
The group of 2012 emeriti are:
• Dr. Muriel Gilman, professor emerita of human performance, sport and health; 37 years at Bemidji State.
• Dale Ladig, director emeritus of the Department of Residential and Student Life; 35 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Russell Bennett, professor emeritus of psychology; 34 years at Bemidji State.
• Satish Davgun, professor emeritus of geography; 26 years at Bemidji State.
• Dr. Hal Gritzmacher, professor emeritus of professional education; 25 years at Bemidji State.
• Louise Mengelkoch, professor emerita of mass communication; 23 years at Bemidji State.
• Sharon Gritzmacher, professor emerita of TRiO/Student Support Services; 20 years at Bemidji State.
Also during commencement, which begins with the traditional walk a few minutes before 2 p.m., more than 1,000 students have been invited to receive degrees.
For more information on commencement ceremonies at Bemidji State University, visit http://www.bemidjistate.edu/commencement.