Bemidji State University’s Athletic Hall of Fame Weekend is scheduled for February 1 & 2. The weekend is filled with events and activities for alums and community. Bemidji State will induct seven individuals and three outstanding teams into its Athletics Hall of Fame, as well as hosting hockey, basketball and other social events.
BSU’s 21st Hall of Fame class will be officially inducted at the Bemidji State University Hall of Fame Brunch and Induction Ceremony Saturday, February 2 at 10 a.m. at the Sanford Center’s Main Ballroom. Tickets to the brunch are available for $25 per person. RSVP to the brunch or other event with the BSU Alumni office at (218)755-3989 or online at www.bsualumni.org/alumni. Reservations must be made by Jan. 25.
This years inductees include: Brian Carleton ‘80 (Hockey-Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada), Laurie (Peterson) Gross 1982-87 (Women’s Basketball-Wellston, Ohio), David Lee ‘89 (Men’s Basketball-Hayward, Wisconsin), Elizabeth “Liz” Mulvihill ‘88 (Women’s Basketball/Track & Field-Randolph, Minnesota), Alumni Coaching Achievement Award: Joan Campbell Anderson ‘76 (High School and College Basketball-Eden Prairie, Minnesota), Team Hall of Fame: 1972-73, 1978-79, 1979-80 men’s hockey teams. Also, the John S. Glas Honorary Letter Winner Award: Dr. M. James ’59 & Nancy Bensen ’59 & ’62 (Bemidji, Minnesota).
Other weekend activities include:
- Friday, February 1
- Beaver Pride Lunch (11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.) Walnut Hall. Coaches will share season updates and Hall of Fame members and inductees will be introduced during the event in Walnut Hall. $8. Contact Beaver Pride Office 218-755-2827 with questions.
- B-Club Alumni Athlete Advisory Council (1:30 – 3 p.m.) PE 230 on BSU Campus. All BSU alumni athletes are invited to attend. Free.
- Women’s Hockey vs. Ohio State (2:07 p.m.) Sanford Center. $7.
- Athletic Alumni Social (5-6:30 p.m.) Sanford Center Lakeside Rooms
4 & 5. Free.
- Women’s Basketball vs. Southwest Minn. State (6 p.m.) BSU Gym. $9 (ticket good for both women’s and men’s games)
- Men’s Hockey vs. St. Cloud State (7:37 p.m.) Sanford Center. $20 Lower Bowl/$30Club Level. Athletic Hall of Fame inductees will be introduced.
- Men’s Basketball vs. Southwest Minn. State (8 p.m.) BSU Gym. $9.
- Saturday, February 2
- BSU Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Brunch (see above)
- Men’s Hockey Alumni Social (9:30 – 10:30 p.m.) Sanford Center Club Lounge. Contact Beaver Pride Office 218-755- with questions.
Established in 1978, the BSU Athletic Hall of Fame includes 173 individuals, 22 coaches, and 16 teams. Bemidji State University recognizes alumni, former coaches, administrators and others who have excelled at their sports and brought acclaim to the University through their accomplishments and championships. The Hall of Fame Inductees are selected by B-Club members. Nominations are accepted from all interested persons. Visit http://www.bsubeavers.com/athletics/halloffame/ to learn more.