Spring and summer 2014:
• Construction begins on the first two floors of Bensen Hall to create a new home for the Bemidji School of Nursing. The nursing lab now located in the lower level of Memorial Hall will be relocated to Bensen Hall, filling the space that used to be the Talley Gallery of fine art. The eLearning Support office will move from its current home in Memorial Hall into the A.C. Clark Library.
• Construction on the first and third floors of Bridgeman Hall to create space for a relocated Talley Gallery.
• Sanford Hall demolition, opening a view of Lake Bemidji from Birchmont Avenue.
• Memorial Hall renovation begins, with completion of initial phases expected by July.
• The Advising Success Center, Career Services and TRiO/Upward Bound staff and faculty will move from Sanford Hall to the second and third floors of Sattgast Hall, and Disability Services and Veterans Services will move to the first floor of Bangsberg Hall.
• The university print shop, offices for the BSU Faculty Association and AFSCME bargaining unit, and other offices now located in Memorial Hall will move to other campus locations yet to be determined.
2014-15 academic year:
• The tunnels between Deputy Hall and the A.C. Clark Library and Memorial Hall will be temporarily closed.
• Pedestrian traffic flow will be changed in front of Memorial Hall to accommodate construction staging areas.
• Most large university events that had been taking place in Memorial Hall will move to the BSU Gymnasium.
• Design work will begin for a demolition and rebuild of Hagg-Sauer Hall. Capital funding for that project will be pursued beginning in 2016.
• Memorial Hall renovation is scheduled to be completed by the start of the Fall 2015 semester. The dean of the College of Business, Technology and Communication and faculty for the accounting and business programs will move from Decker to Memorial Hall.
• Renovation of Decker Hall into a new home for student services will begin.
• Decker Hall renovations to be completed. Services that were temporarily relocated to Sattgast and Bangsberg halls will be moved into their new homes in Decker.