College of Professional Studies
• Dr. Charles E. Alberti, professor emeritus of education, serves as a manuscript referee for the journal UTOPIAN STUDIES. In that context he reviewed, made comments and approved a recent submission titled "From Utopia to Empire: Atarashikimura and a Personal View of the Greater East Asia War (1942)." Atarashiki-mura (New Village) was an artistic, anarchic, agricultural community founded by the Japanese author and painter Mushanokoji Saneatsu in 1918. With it he advanced the idea of transforming Japan into the leading cultural center of Asia. In addition, Tokyo would be the center for armament and scholarship for all of Asia.
• Dr. William Scheela, professor of business administration, recently published "Private Equity Investing in the Philippines: Business Angels vs. Venture Capitalists," for the Spring 2008 issue of Journal of Private Equity. The piece was co-authored by Edmundo Isidro, president of the Philippine Venture Capital Investment Group, Manila, Philippines.
• Scott Abel joined the Department of Geography as an adjunct instructor on Jan. 16.
• John Carlson joined the Department of Business Administration as an adjunct instructor on Jan. 16.
• Nathaniel Harsha joined the Department of Geography as an adjunct instructor on Jan. 16.
• Judith Normandin joined the Department of Professional Education as an adjunct instructor on Jan. 16.
• Ann Ward Thiel joined the Department of Mass Communication as an adjunct instructor on Jan. 16.