College of Arts and Sciences
* Dr. Wendy Greenberg, adjunct instructor in biology, is second of 14 authors for the children's soil science book titled "Soil: Get the Inside Scoop," published by the Soil Science Society of America in July 2008.
The 36-page book explores how soil is part of our life—the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the houses we live in, and more. Along the way, readers learn about different kinds of soil and meet the scientists who work with soil every day.
College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology
* Dr. Pat Rogers, dean, is one of six editors of the four-volume "Encyclopedia of Distance Learning, Second Edition." The encyclopedia encompasses the latest concepts, trends, issues and technologies in the field of distance learning, providing its audience with a critical mass of knowledge on an emerging and significant field of study. It contains over 100 research articles by experts in the field.
* Mary Tosch, interim director of the Hobson Memorial Union, presented at the Minnesota College Personnel Association Career in Student Affairs Drive-In conference, on Feb. 6, 2009. The presentation title was "The First Year Rollercoaster" and discussed the transition of the first year of employment. She also assisted with resume critiques and mock interviews.
* Mary Brueske in DLiTE/FASTrack, promoted to customer service specialst, senior effective Feb.18.
* Angela Caspers in the Center for Extended Learning promoted to customer service specialst, intermediate effective Feb.18.
* Matt Goinz named student paraprofessional in the theatre program, effective Feb. 9.
* Paul Reamer named information technology specialist-2 in IT, effective Feb. 18.
* Sharon Russell named office and administrative specialist-intermediate for the College of Business, Technology and Communications, effective March 4.