Forget a WiFi network on a mobile device
Removing a WiFI network from a mobile device is easy.
You will need to do this immediately following our StarID transition to erase the old connection settings.
After you remove the old connection info, you’ll want to refresh and connect to the new StarID-credentialed network. Please see our other articles about adding a WiFI network to Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile phones .
For Android (general instruction using Google Marshmallow):
- Open Settings on your device, and tap on the WiFI icon to access WiFi network options.
- Tap and hold the WiFi network you want to delete, then select Forget Network from the menu that appears.
For iOS (using iOS 9.2.1):
- Open Settings on your device, and tap on the WiFI icon to access WiFi network options
- From the list of WiFi networks, select the one you want to delete, and tap Forget This Network from the details page.
For Windows 10 Mobile:
- From Settings, tap Network and Wireless, then WiFI to access wireless network options.
- Tap and hold the WiFi network you want to delete, then select Delete from the menu that appears
Rate This Article
Helpful 1 person found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesWhat is Internet Guardian?
Printing to a residence hall printer from personal device, Windows 10.
Wireless configuration instructions for personal devices, Chromebooks
Wireless configuration instructions for personal devices, Windows 10.