Back: Daneila Maltais, Naomi Johnson, Sierra DeGeest, Josie Nelsen, Alicia Christenson, Claire Sletten, Sharmila Nowrang, Sydney Biksen, Jordan Morgan, Erika Lisardi
Front: Michelle Wiuff, Arica Jolicoeur, Harley Walker, Shelby Andrist, Allison Conner, Cameron Trott, Cassidy Trott, Anthony Orttel
The McNair Scholars Program aims to successfully prepare Bemidji State University undergraduates for entrance into graduate school.
The program provides a challenging and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and personal/professional development. The ultimate goal is for the scholars to achieve a Ph.D. within 10 years of graduating BSU.
- Courses to prepare scholars for research and presentations
- Experience conducting research with a faculty mentor
- Fee waivers for graduate applications
- Academic and career counseling
- Stipend for conducting summer research
- Funding for travel to graduate schools
- Opportunity to present at a national conference
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Hold U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency visa
- Be a first-generation college student that meets low income guidelines OR from an ethnic group underrepresented in graduate education (African-American, Chicano/Latino, Native America/Alaskan, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- Intend to purse a Ph.D. after graduation