The McNair Scholars Program aims to successfully prepare Bemidji State University undergraduates for entrance into graduate school.
The program provides a challenging and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and personal/professional development. The ultimate goal is for the scholars to achieve a Ph.D. within 10 years of graduating BSU.
- Courses to prepare scholars for research and presentations
- Experience conducting research with a faculty mentor
- Fee waivers for graduate applications
- Academic and career counseling
- Stipend for conducting summer research
- Funding for travel to graduate schools
- Opportunity to present at a national conference
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Hold U.S. Citizenship or a permanent residency visa
- Be a first-generation college student that meets low income guidelines OR from an ethnic group underrepresented in graduate education (African-American, Chicano/Latino, Native America/Alaskan, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- Intend to purse a Ph.D. after graduation