Skip Navigation

Don't let these delays hold up your financial aid application.

  • Changing schools after applying for financial aid. To change your school of attendance on the FAFSA follow the directions on the FAFSA website and add the BSU school code 002336.
  • Planning to get married this year?  Please contact our office with questions concerning when you should apply.
  • If your name changes, you must submit the following:
    1. Name Change Form
    2. Copy of Marriage License or other legal document such as divorce decree
    3. Copy of social security card with legal name
    4. Copy of driver's license with legal name
  • Incorrect social security numbers. Review your original U.S. Social Security card to ensure that you are using the correct number. Incorrect numbers by the student or parent will result in major processing delays.
  • Missing signatures. Use the PIN website to access you/your parent's pin number. Missing signatures will result in a rejected FAFSA and delay the financial aid process.
  • Separation or divorce.  If you or your parents are experiencing a separation or divorce but filed a joint tax return, you should make an appointment with a BSU financial aid counselor. Please bring the federal tax return and all W-2 statements.
  • Incorrect address information. Be sure to maintain your permanent, local addresses, and phone numbers with the BSU Financial Aid Office.
  • Applying late causes a delay in receiving financial aid.

Drug Conviction

A conviction for any drug offense, during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving Title IV HEA program funds, under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs will result in the loss of eligibility for any Title IV HEA grant, loan, or work-study assistance.


  • 2015-2016 Priority Application Date: The 2015-2016 Financial Aid process must be completed by March 31, 2015 to be considered for Federal SEOG Grant, Perkins Loan, and Work Study.
  • Federal Pell Grant recipients must finalize all registration within the first 30 days of the semester. A student  who withdraws from a course within the first 30 days of the semester will have their Pell award reduced to the adjusted level of enrollment.
  • A completed FAFSA must be received by the Federal Aid Processing Center within the first 30 days of the semester to be eligible for a Minnesota State Grant.