Building & Info Desk
Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Mon. - Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bucky's Quick Stop
Mon. - Thurs. 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“I stopped believing in Santa Claus at age six when my mother took me to see him in a store and he asked for my autograph.”
˜ Shirley Temple Black
Student Jobs at The Union
Role of the Marketing Assistant: The Coordinator is a part of the HMU team. This position reports to the Associate Director. The responsibilities include:
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Write media releases and articles distributed through newsletters, printed collateral, and the HMU Web site.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the HMU communications program
- Serve as a liaison between HMU functional areas and current and prospective customers
- Effectively plan and carry out promotional campaigns for various HMU activities and services.
- Use graphic design skills and software to create and promote content that advertises events, activities, and programs of HMU and our campus partners
- Track web site activity
- Adhere to existing visual identity standards
- Establish and maintain a production schedule that meets needs of HMU
- Have strong design skills
- Be able to work creatively inside of set visual identification standards
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Train other departmental members to assist you with some of the tasks listed above
- All work must be performed in a specified HMU work site, unless specifically assigned
- Represent HMU at University events as designated.
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
As the Marketing Assistant, you must be able to work with several different computer programs to help you write about and promote the department.
- Submit a portfolio that showcases proven skills; graphical and/or written
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint , and Adobe CS3 software, content management software
Be willing and able to learn the requirements and practices of the ADA to ensure compliance
- Work collaboratively in a PC and Mac environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed visual branding systems and standards
- Understand and adhere to applicable copyright laws
- Be familiar with or be willing to learn the APA and BSU Office of Communications style guidelines
- Be able to write at a college level
- Be familiar with HMU
- Manage administrative priorities and client requests
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
- Writing and editing skills
What's in it for you?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the HMU Team is beneficial to any Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Art, Graphic Design and other majors because it develops computer, teamwork, and multi-tasking skills. The Marketing Coordinator position allows you to apply the skills you learn in the classroom, and even learn some skills above and beyond what you are taught in the classroom setting. This position is also a perfect way to build your resume and expand your skill base, while having fun at the same time!