Building & Info Desk
Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Mon. - Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bucky's Quick Stop
Mon. - Thurs. 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“Be bold. If you're going to make an error, make a doozey, and don't be afraid to hit the ball.”
˜ Billie Jean King
Role of the Programming Coordinator: The Programming Coordinator is a part of the HMU team. This position reports to the Associate Director. The responsibilities are:
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Maintain communication with departmental clients and service providers in a timely manner
- Contribute to the on-going development of programming by suggesting ideas to increase functionality
- Coordinate events including initiation, promotion, implementation and assessment of on campus or off campus programs. Including weekend, late night, signature themes, HMU programs, etc or in collaboration with student clubs and organizations.
- Be flexible to work with other projects, other then your specific responsibilities
- Have strong administrative/organization skills
- Have design or marketing skills
- Be able to work creatively inside a set of standards
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for various HMU activities and functions.
- Represent HMU at University events as designated
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties assigned
As the Programming Coordinator, you must be able to work with several different constituents in a variety of mediums.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in design programs are a plus (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite 2)
- Work collaboratively in a PC environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed standards
- Manage administrative priorities, requests, and production schedules
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
What's in it for you?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the Hobson Memorial Union Team is beneficial to any major because it develops computer skills, working with a team, and dealing with multitasking. This position is also a perfect way to build your resume and expand your skill base while having fun at the same time!