Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Tuesday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.”
˜ Steven Wright
Excellence in Leadership Center Student Employee
Role of the ELC Student Employee: ELC Student Employee is a part of the HMU team. This position is supervised by the Director/Associate Director. Employees may be asked to work in one of the following areas: Civic Engagement, Global/Multicultural Understanding, Environmental Stewardship, and Gender Issues. The responsibilities are:
- Meet regularly with the Director/Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Maintain communication with departmental clients and service providers in a timely manner
- Contribute to the on-going development of programming by suggesting ideas to increase functionality
- Coordinate events including initiation, promotion, implementation and assessment of on campus or off campus programs. Including weekend, late night, signature themes, etc or in collaboration with student organizations.
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for various ELC activities and functions.
- Be flexible to work with other projects, other than your specific responsibilities
- Have strong administrative/organization skills
- Have design or marketing skills
- Be able to work creatively inside a set of standards
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for various leadership activities and functions.
- Represent HMU at University events as designated
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties assigned
As an ELC Student Employee Coordinator, you must be able to work with several different constituents in a variety of mediums.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in design programs are a plus (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite 3)
- Work collaboratively in a PC environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed standards
- Manage administrative priorities, requests, and production schedules
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
What's In It For You?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the Hobson Memorial Union Team is beneficial to any major because it develops computer skills, working with a team, and dealing with multitasking. This position is also a perfect way to build your resume and expand your skill base while having fun at the same time!