Mon. - Fri.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat. - Sun.
Mon. - Fri.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Einstein Bros. Bagels
“The time is always right to do what is right.”
˜ Martin Luther King Jr.
Student Building Manager
Position Purpose: To provide supervision of operations and security during evening and weekend hours. To work with the Assistant Director and other staff to ensure effective operation of Hobson Union.
A Student Building Manager should demonstrate the following skills:
- Lift 35 lbs. (furniture)
- Stamina to work 8-10 hour shifts
Public Relations Skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BSU campus and community
Work Related Requirements
- Flexibility and impromptu problem solving
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn computer applications including EMS (Event Management Systems) scheduling software
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures and delegate responsibility; willingness to take initiative
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week, including weekends
- Attendance at regularly scheduled managers meetings
Student Building Managers usually perform all or part of the following duties:
- Ensure the smooth operation of building activities during shifts
- Secure the building at the end of the shift
- Continually monitor the activities happening in the building by conducting hourly rounds and recording the number of users in each area
- Be aware of all major events on campus
- Know all areas of the building, and where everything belongs
- Understand the operation of all building audio-visual equipment
- Exercise authority for student employees during shift when appropriate
- Set up and take down tables, chairs, equipment, staging, etc. for meetings, programs, etc.
- Clean, sweep, mop, wash, vacuum, shovel, etc., when appropriate
- Post banners and other posters; distribute table tents, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Union personnel for the betterment of the operation
Reports to: Assistant Director, Hobson Memorial Union