Building & Info Desk
Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Mon. - Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bucky's Quick Stop
Mon. - Thurs. 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“The reward for conformity is everyone likes you but yourself.”
˜ Rita Mae Brown
Student Building Manager
Position Purpose: To provide supervision of operations and security during evening and weekend hours. To work with the Assistant Director and other staff to ensure effective operation of Hobson Union.
A Student Building Manager should demonstrate the following skills:
- Lift 35 lbs. (furniture)
- Stamina to work 8-10 hour shifts
Public Relations Skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BSU campus and community
Work Related Requirements
- Flexibility and impromptu problem solving
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn computer applications including EMS (Event Management Systems) scheduling software
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures and delegate responsibility; willingness to take initiative
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week, including weekends
- Attendance at regularly scheduled managers meetings
Student Building Managers usually perform all or part of the following duties:
- Ensure the smooth operation of building activities during shifts
- Secure the building at the end of the shift
- Continually monitor the activities happening in the building by conducting hourly rounds and recording the number of users in each area
- Be aware of all major events on campus
- Know all areas of the building, and where everything belongs
- Understand the operation of all building audio-visual equipment
- Exercise authority for student employees during shift when appropriate
- Set up and take down tables, chairs, equipment, staging, etc. for meetings, programs, etc.
- Clean, sweep, mop, wash, vacuum, shovel, etc., when appropriate
- Post banners and other posters; distribute table tents, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Union personnel for the betterment of the operation
Reports to: Assistant Director, Hobson Memorial Union