Building & Info Desk
Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Mon. - Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bucky's Quick Stop
Mon. - Thurs. 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“If a man is called a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.”
˜ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Student Building Manager
Position Purpose: To provide supervision of operations and security during evening and weekend hours. To work with the Assistant Director and other staff to ensure effective operation of Hobson Union.
A Student Building Manager should demonstrate the following skills:
- Lift 35 lbs. (furniture)
- Stamina to work 8-10 hour shifts
Public Relations Skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BSU campus and community
Work Related Requirements
- Flexibility and impromptu problem solving
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn computer applications including EMS (Event Management Systems) scheduling software
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures and delegate responsibility; willingness to take initiative
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week, including weekends
- Attendance at regularly scheduled managers meetings
Student Building Managers usually perform all or part of the following duties:
- Ensure the smooth operation of building activities during shifts
- Secure the building at the end of the shift
- Continually monitor the activities happening in the building by conducting hourly rounds and recording the number of users in each area
- Be aware of all major events on campus
- Know all areas of the building, and where everything belongs
- Understand the operation of all building audio-visual equipment
- Exercise authority for student employees during shift when appropriate
- Set up and take down tables, chairs, equipment, staging, etc. for meetings, programs, etc.
- Clean, sweep, mop, wash, vacuum, shovel, etc., when appropriate
- Post banners and other posters; distribute table tents, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Union personnel for the betterment of the operation
Reports to: Assistant Director, Hobson Memorial Union