Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Tuesday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.”
˜ Louisa May Alcott
Student Organizations Assistant
Role of the Student Organization Assistant: The Student Organization Assistant is a part of the HMU team. This position is supervised by the Associate Director. The responsibilities are:
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Maintain communication with departmental clients and service providers in a timely manner
- Contribute to the on-going development of the student organization center by suggesting ideas to increase functionality
- Track student organization center activity
- Assist with the club and organization accounts
- Produce video interviews with student organizations for "What's Hoppin'"
- Be the point of contact for student organization online community: Collegiate Link
- Coordinate and implement a club newsletter
- Assist with training and workshops
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Appropriately respond to club and organization communication via email, mail, phone, etc.
- Be flexible to work with other projects, other then your specific responsibilities
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for various HMU activities and functions.
- Assist with club and organizations recognition program
- Represent HMU at University events as designated
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties assigned
As the Student Organization Assistant, you must be able to work with several different constituents in a variety of mediums.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Work collaboratively in a PC environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed standards
- Manage administrative priorities, requests, and production schedules
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
- Have strong administrative/organization skills
- Be able to work creatively inside a set of standards
- Be proficient in web technologies
What's in it for you?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the Hobson Memorial Union Team is beneficial to any major because it develops computer skills, working with a team, and dealing with multitasking. This position is also a perfect way to build your resume and expand your skill base while having fun at the same time!