Mon. - Fri.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat. - Sun.
Mon. - Fri.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Einstein Bros. Bagels
“Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.”
˜ Dale Carnegie
Student Organizations Assistant
Role of the Student Organization Assistant: The Student Organization Assistant is a part of the HMU team. This position is supervised by the Associate Director. The responsibilities are:
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Maintain communication with departmental clients and service providers in a timely manner
- Contribute to the on-going development of the student organization center by suggesting ideas to increase functionality
- Track student organization center activity
- Assist with the club and organization accounts
- Produce video interviews with student organizations for "What's Hoppin'"
- Be the point of contact for student organization online community: Collegiate Link
- Coordinate and implement a club newsletter
- Assist with training and workshops
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Appropriately respond to club and organization communication via email, mail, phone, etc.
- Be flexible to work with other projects, other then your specific responsibilities
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for various HMU activities and functions.
- Assist with club and organizations recognition program
- Represent HMU at University events as designated
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties assigned
As the Student Organization Assistant, you must be able to work with several different constituents in a variety of mediums.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Work collaboratively in a PC environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed standards
- Manage administrative priorities, requests, and production schedules
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
- Have strong administrative/organization skills
- Be able to work creatively inside a set of standards
- Be proficient in web technologies
What's in it for you?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the Hobson Memorial Union Team is beneficial to any major because it develops computer skills, working with a team, and dealing with multitasking. This position is also a perfect way to build your resume and expand your skill base while having fun at the same time!