Mon. - Fri.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat. - Sun.
Mon. - Fri.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Einstein Bros. Bagels
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Touche Gallerie Director
Role of the Touché Gallerie Director: The Touché Gallerie Director is a part of the HMU team. This position reports to the Associate Director. The responsibilities are:
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and/or other administrators to discuss schedules, priorities, processes, and outcomes
- Maintain communication with departmental clients and service providers in a timely manner
- Adhere to existing or professionally accepted visual identity standards
- Establish and maintain an art gallery schedule
- Contribute to the on-going development of the art gallery by suggesting upgrades that increase functionality, visibility, and usage
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the art department, faculty and students
- Develop and maintain connections to student organizations that may have interest in exhibiting in the gallery
- Track art gallery activity
- Be flexible to work with related projects
- Be willing to learn new skills when needed for a job
- Effectively plan and carry out a promotional campaign for art gallery
- Represent HMU at University events as designated
- Attend HMU staff meetings as needed
- Other duties assigned
As the Touché Gallerie Director, you must be able to work with several different computer programs to help you write and advertise the gallery.
- Be proficient in the following: Microsoft Applications
- Be flexible and adaptable when working with the art gallerie clients
- Knowledge of design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge of or experience in the coordination of an art gallery
- Work collaboratively in a PC environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of HMU staff, university partners, students, and other users
- Understand and adhere to prescribed art gallery standards
- Manage administrative priorities, requests, and gallery schedules
- Maintain professional discretion with proprietary information
- Maintain regular schedule for office hours to meet with supervisor
What's in it for you?
Compensation: based on campus wide wage scale
Working with the Hobson Memorial Union Team is beneficial to any Communications, Graphic Design, Industrial Technology, or Art major because it develops organizational skills, working with a team, and dealing with multitasking. This position is also a perfect way to build your experience and expand your skill base while having fun at the same time!