Building & Info Desk
Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Lakeside Food Court
Mon. - Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bucky's Quick Stop
Mon. - Thurs. 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Mon. - Thurs. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”
˜ Earl Nightingale
Why is Volunteering Important for BSU?
- Volunteering helps BSU embrace its civic mission and builds strong community connections.
Students are 2x's as likely to volunteer as individuals of the same age
who are not enrolled in an institution of higher education.
- 44.1 percent of all students who volunteer, do so regularly.
- In 2005 Minnesota ranked 8th in top states for college volunteers with about 40% volunteering.
- There is a strong correlation between volunteering and likeliness to demonstrate other positive civic attitudes and behaviors.
- Students can gain valuable life experiences and skills.
- Volunteering sends a positive signal to grad schools/employers.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Volunteer
- How much time do I have to commit?
- Do I want an ongoing regularly-scheduled assignment, a short-term assignment, or a one-time assignment?
- Am I willing to participate in a training course or do I want to start my volunteer work immediately?
- Which talents or skills do I offer?
- What would I most like to learn by volunteering?
- What don't I want to do as a volunteer?
- Do I want to work alone or with a group?
- With what kind of people do I want to work with- both in terms of who is receiving my services and who my co-workers might be?
*Information courtesy of Krista Stowe