Skip to Content

Residential Life

Frequently Asked Questions

Meal Plans and Dining Services

Who can I call if I have questions

Call the Campus Dining Services office at 218-444-7576 or send an e-mail.

Can I switch meal plans during the year?

Before the semester begins and during the first two weeks of the semester, a student may change their meal plan by completing the meal plan change form or by providing a written request. Students canceling or changing plans are assessed a prorated weekly charge for the used portion of their meal plan. After the first two weeks, no meal plan changes can be made.

What if a class conflicts with meal hours?

All meal plans include Beaver Bucks. All BSU dining locations, including The Lodge, accept Beaver Bucks throughout the day. Visit the Dining Services website for a complete explanation of the Beaver Bucks program.

Is a meal plan required if I live on campus?

All new entering students who have earned less than 18 semester credits and reside in the residence halls are required to maintain a meal plan during their first academic year.

What if don't spend all my Beaver Bucks by semester's end?

$200 of the balances left after fall semester may be carried forward into the spring semester. Beaver Bucks not used by the end of spring semester do not carry forward to the next academic year and are not refunded.

What if I don't use all of meals by semester's end?

Meal balances left at the end of the semester are not carried forward.



If you have more questions contact:

Department of Residential Life
Walnut #33
p: (218) 755-3750
f: (218) 755-3753