Skip to Content

Residential Life

Northwest Technical College Students

Welcome NTC Students!

Congratulations on your decision to study at Northwest Technical College! As you explore housing options, please consider the residence hall programs at Bemidji State University. We feel that our outstanding residence hall program actively facilitates the student learning process and provides students with a safe, clean, affordable place to live, meet people, and have fun!

Our on-campus housing facilities are more than a place to sleep and eat. By living on-campus, you will become part of a family of staff and students that will enhance your educational, social, and cultural experiences. Numerous on-campus living options, meal plans, and programs are available to meet the diverse lifestyle needs of students.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for housing at BSU? 

All admitted BSU and NTC students must complete the online housing application. If you do not have or know your BSU ID number, please provide the following information to the Residential Life Office and one will be created for you (this should be the same information that you provided to NTC when you applied for admission):

  • Full Name
  • Birthdate
  • Gender
  • Permanent Address
  • Phone Number
    (please specify between permanent phone number and cell number)
  • Email Address
  • Semester You Intend to Begin Living in the Halls
    (for example, Fall Semester 2013)

Once we receive your information and are able to process it, we will send you instructions on how to access the online application. 

Who am I assigned to live with? A BSU student? An NTC student?

Your roommate will be matched with you based on the room/floor preferences, smoking preference, and age. If you know of an NTC student that will living in the residence halls, you may certainly list them as your preferred roommate. Roommate requests must be mutual in order for us to place you together.

When do the residence halls fill up?

Room assignments are processed in the order in which the application and prepayment are received, so it is important to get your application in as soon as possible. To be guaranteed housing for fall semester, you should apply by August 1, 2013. 

What's my BSU ID number?

All students who attend NTC but live in the BSU residence halls are assigned a BSU ID number. To find out this number, you will need to contact the BSU Records office.

How do I get a BSU ID card?

You may get your BSU ID card from the Hobson Memorial Union Information Desk. You must be able to give them your BSU ID number before you receive your card. 

How do I get to and from my classes at NTC?

Paul Bunyan Transit makes frequent campus stops throughout the weekdays at BSU and NTC. Please check their schedule for more information. 

What meal plan should I be on?

NTC students may be on any meal plan that is offered to BSU residents. Because of the difference in class schedules, you may wish to sign up for the Beaver Buck Commuter Meal Plan.

How do I use my meal plan?

To use your meal plan, simply present your BSU student ID card to the cashier at any dining services location.

What BSU services are available to me?

All NTC students that live in the residence halls will be charged an mandatory "super" fee, that allows them use of BSU’s recreational facilities, athletic events, library, and health services.