Administrative and student support offices; faculty and program offices for Indian Studies program and Ojibwe Language; classrooms; student study area/computer lab; exhibit areas; Gathering Place for meetings and conferences.
Faculty and department/program offices for Music and Mass Communication; studios; classrooms; Thompson Recital Hall; Main Stage and Downstairs Theatres; costume and scene shops; rehearsal rooms; music technology lab. Bangsberg facilities are utilized by both the campus and the community. Dr. Harry F. Bangsberg was BSU president from 1964 to 1967.
Faculty and program offices for the Department of Technology, Art and Design, including undergraduate programs in Applied Engineering, Design Technology, Industrial Technology, and Technology Management; classrooms and a wide variety of technological laboratories.
Mr. Bridgeman was a Minnesota state senator.
Reference services; library instruction; Interlibrary Loan services; course reserve materials; student access computers; group study areas; University Archives and Special Collections and the library’s reference and circulating collections.
Dr. Clark, a professor of social sciences, was acting president from 1942 to 1946 and again in 1964.
(Renovation completed summer 2015.) Dr. R. D. Decker was BSU president from 1968 to 1980.
Offices of the President, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice President for Student Development and Enrollment, the Vice President for Finance and Administration, and the Associate Vice President for Innovation and Extended Learning; administrative offices; Extended Learning; Office of Admissions and Scholarships; Office of Communications and Marketing; Records and Registration Office; International Program Center; Information Technology Services; Technical Support; Institutional Research and Effectiveness; KBSU University television studio; KBSB and KDRS University radio stations; KAWE public television studios. Dr. Deputy was the first president of BSU, serving from 1919 to 1937.
Faculty and department/program offices for Nursing, Criminal Justice, Professional Education and Clinical Experiences; classrooms; study rooms; Professional Education laboratories, including a computer lab; libraries; workrooms; and Child Development Training Program (CDTP). Dr. M. James Bensen was the eighth president of BSU, serving from 1994-2001.
Faculty and department/program offices for Computer Science, English, Geography, History, Languages and Ethnic studies, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Women’s Studies, and other programs; classrooms; seminar rooms; Writing Center; Modern Languages Media Center; auditorium; map library; cartography and computer laboratories; math help room; Center for Professional Development; Honors Program Office; Liberal Education Committee office; general student/faculty Reception Center.
Dr. Harold T. Hagg was a division chair and professor of history; Dr. Philip R. Sauer was a division chair and professor of English.
University Bookstore; Lakeside Food Court; an ATM; Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union; Touché Art Gallerie; Excellence in Leadership Center; Commuter Lounge; nursing mother’s room; Beaux Arts Ballroom and various-sized meeting rooms; Student Senate; Campus Activity Board (CAB); Northern Student magazine; sustainability coordinator; Phoenix; Intervarsity Christian Fellowship; Information Desk, which provides check cashing, fax service, mail drop, postage stamps, copy service, poster approval, courtesy phone, typewriters, lost and found, laminating, notary services, meeting room reservations, student/faculty/staff I.D. cards, student development transcripts, mailboxes for student organizations, Paul Bunyan Transit passes and student hockey season passes and single-game tickets.
Dr. Hobson was a professor of Geography and a student personnel counselor.
Located 11 miles from the university, this 240-acre forest and marshland serves as an outdoor laboratory for instructional and recreational uses. Includes rustic log cabins for rent and groomed ski trails in the winter.
(Renovation completed summer 2015.) Faculty and department/program offices for Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems and Marketing Communication; computer lab; Office of the Dean, College of Business, Technology and Communication.Named in honor of American participants in World War II.
Offices for the majority of the BSU Alumni & Foundation staff. Owned jointly by the BSU Alumni & Foundation, the David Park House is the only Bemidji residence on the National Register of Historic Places. It is used for BSU Alumni & Foundation, university meetings and social functions and is available for public rental.
Faculty and student research areas; lecture/laboratory room; microscope and instrument room; aquarium; aquarium and fish prep room; environmental chamber; equipment room. This facility utilizes Lake Bemidji as a freshwater laboratory for the Aquatic Biology program.
Dr. Peters was a professor of biology.
Physical Education Complex and Gillett Recreation/Fitness Center
Faculty and administrative offices for Exercise Science, Health, Physical Education, Sport Management, recreation, and athletics; classrooms; gymnasium; swimming pool; indoor track; racquetball/handball, basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts; weight and exercise rooms; athletic training room; rock climbing wall; laboratories. Dr. Lowell R. Gillett served as BSU president from 1982 to 1990.
John S. Glas Fieldhouse
Mr. John Glas was acting president from 1967 to 1968, and a vice president for administrative affairs.
Baseball, football, soccer, softball, and intramural fields; tennis courts.
Newly remodeled in 2011
Apartments for single parents; Student Center for Health and Counseling
Student residence; First Year Residential Experience Program; Nursing Learning Community
Student residence; Open Borders Learning Community; Honors Learning Community
Northwoods Dining Center; Upper Deck restaurant; private dining room; offices for Residential Life (on-campus housing) and Public Safety
Faculty and department/program offices for Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, and the Center for Environmental, Earth and Space Studies, Economics, and Sociology; laboratories; animal rooms; greenhouse; Office of the Dean, College of Arts and Sciences; Office of the Dean, College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology; School of Graduate Studies.
Dr. Sattgast was BSU president from 1938 to 1964. He was on leave from office from 1943 to 1946 for military service.
Offices of the Alumni Association as well as some BSU Foundation staff. Previously owned by professor emeritus, the late Dr. Phil Sauer, and his wife, Betty. This building is located next to the David Park House and was built in the same structural style.
Facilities for the university’s canoes, sea kayaks, pontoon boats, sailboats and wind surfers, and from where bicycles and canoe trailers are rented. Located at Diamond Point Park, the waterfront is used for classes and laboratory activities in Aquatic Biology, canoeing, sailing, other aquatic sports and for leisure shoreline and water activities.