To do and follow up for each site visited this trip:
1. Shanghai: Zizhu Park will have an AASCU office there that we can use for anything we wish to schedule. Cost per year will be $3K-$5K. We will need to sign on with AASCU when the office is open later in April if we wish to do so. I think its a good idea.
2. Hunan Polytechnical College: They plan to send visiting professors to BSU who will have time at NTC each day while here. Mark and Bob will follow up with a plan for this. We will need to bring them to BSU on our J1 visa. The program plan and costs need to be set as soon as possible. Mark will go back to deliver a short course on site, but not sure of the date/plan for that. We need to follow up with the Polytech to set that date and what the course will be.
3. Jinhua U: Carolyn Townsend will go to Jinhua in mid-May for 4-5 days. She will spend time on campus and in the city to see what we can do with them in the future for nursing programming. She will go through our office for travel arrangements to and from China and CIBT for inside China arrangements. Jinhua is interested in joint nursing program and non-credit certificate programs for their students.
4. Wuhan U: They plan to send two more visiting professors to BSU next year and 5-6 students.
5. Guanggang U: We need to sign the exchange agreement with them. They may plan to send 1-2 visiting professors to BSU next year.
6. NIT High School: Amna may attend their college fair next September to recruit.
7. Jilin Teachers College: They are interested in joint programs. We need to start with an exchange agreement and go from there.
8. Jiatong U and Haibin College: They want to set up course equivalencies for BUAD…I have their course listings to pass along to Sanjeev to see if we can establish equivalencies for them. They need to sign an exchange agreement with us. They will send 1-2 visiting professors to BSU next year. They want us to visit Haibin College next trip.
9. EXPO: We need to ship over more giveaways for the booth next time. We need to send the artist copy of our viewbook to them so that CIBT can translate it into Chinese and print it locally for the booth. We should plan a pre-Expo hosting at a local hotel next fall and provide provisional admission to students recruited to the pre-Expo event.
10. We need a one week program for Chinese university leaders to come to BSU to learn about US public and higher education.
Questions we need to answer and to do list in general:
1. Summer camp for high school students. Angie is getting the information for that.
2. Contract for Shuai.
3. Revise agent agreement for CIBT.
4. We need to look at how we can provide conditional admission on site in Beijing pre-Expo.
5. Get original viewbook file to Lisa (I think it is Lisa?) so that she can get it translated and printed in China.
6. Follow up with Bemidji Superintendent about bringing Chinese students to Bemidji High School as tuition paying students. Lisa said there it makes sense to create a pipeline, bringing Chinese high school students here for their last two years where they take AP courses and earn college credit then come into BSU after they graduate from the high school. 10-15 students a year coming here could easily be worked out.
7. Need to set up the BSU/NTC visiting professor program and get off campus housing arranged for visiting professors for both the North Star program and BSU/NTC program.
8. Need to set up a one week program for Chinese university leaders to come to BSU and learn about US public and higher education. Several universities are interested in sending professors and administrators here for that.