What makes Bemidji State University’s Department of Accounting among the best?
- You’ll get unequaled attention from professionally qualified faculty who have many accomplishments – from working professionally in the field, to accomplishing advanced degrees.
- All of your classes – including our online courses – are taught by professional faculty. We do not use graduate students for teaching our courses.
- A faculty member will serve as your faculty academic advisor.
- You’ll get to choose who your faculty academic advisor will be.
- You’ll receive unconditional support from people who believe in your success and who know your name!
- Small class sizes mean you’ll receive more personalized attention and more opportunities to participate in learning experiences.
- You’ll graduate with a well-rounded degree that includes accounting core classes plus additional classes that cover all functions of business.
- Your learning experience will be supported by state-of-the-art technology that is integrated into our classrooms and in our dedicated Accounting computer lab.
- You’ll have a host of professional development opportunities, such as:
- Participation in the Accounting Club
- Working directly with the public through our VITA program
- Attending conferences
- Completing an internship
- Attending a variety of on-campus visits from professionals in the field.
- You’ll have the opportunity to specialize by choosing either a minor, or one of our emphasis options.
- You’ll be studying on one of the most beautiful campuses in North America on the shores of Lake Bemidji.
- Our distance program incorporates D2L software and publisher software experiences to enhance learning outcomes.
- Our distance program students are invited to all campus activities and events.
- You’ll be prepared to pass the CPA Exam. Our students can choose to take CPA preparation courses offered each spring that concentrate on each of the four parts of the CPA exam.
- You’ll have a chance for a paid internship and you can earn up to 12 class credits for your experience. Many employers come to campus to recruit our students for either summer or winter internships.
- You’ll have increased job opportunities. Our graduates are in high demand, as shown by our placement rate of over 90 percent, with some years placing nearly 100 percent.
- You’ll have increased job options. Our grads have been recruited by large and small employers, ranging from rural to big city, all over the world.
- Your success is our success! Our grads make a great name for BSU, and many stay connected with BSU throughout their careers. For example, three alums recently volunteered their time to return to campus to be a part of a BSU panel on various majors.