The Biology Club is a student-directed organization to facilitate friendships and connections between Biology majors. The club participates in a variety of activities ranging from camping in local parks to volunteering in and around the Bemidji area.
The club generally meets twice a month, and meetings are open to anyone interested. Meetings usually include discussion about academics, upcoming events and possible club activities. Currently, there are approximately 60+ members.
Recent Biology Club activities
- Camping at Itasca State Park
- BSU Beaver Service Day (cleaning up Lake Bemidji lakeshore)
- Volunteering at GoldPine Nursing Home
- Canoeing on Lake Bemidji
- Creating educational displays within the Biology department
- Study groups
- Participation in the Winnipeg National Owl Survey
- Itasca County Soil Surveys
- Fishing on Big Bass Lake
- Biking around Lake Bemidji