We’ve compiled a list of resources for students who want to learn more about professional organizations, economic journals and government statistics in fields related to economics.
- The American Economics Association page about Graduate School
- The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Organization in charge of US monetary policy and overseeing the banking system.
- Local District #9, the Minneapolis Fed.
- International Monetary Fund
- An international organization of 184 member countries, established to promote exchange stability, economic growth, and to provide temporary financial assistance to countries.
- International Labour Organization
- The UN specialized agency which seeks the promotion of social justice and internationally recognized human and labor rights.
- Department of Commerce
- Provides information on economic growth and international trade.
- Department of Justice, Anti-Trust Division
- The front line in the battle against market power.
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Central Intelligence Agency – Information on Jobs for Economic Analysts
- Department of Treasury
- World Bank
- The leading source of funds for education and development projects worldwide.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics site has many unemployment and other macroeconomic statistics for the U.S.
- The Bureau of Economic Analysis webpage is also a useful database
- Updated exchange rates
- GDP per capita
- Environmental Protection Agency’s site for Environmental Economics
- Experimental Economics Bibliography