Seeking diverse backgrounds of undergraduate STEM students to complete double majors in mathematics and mathematics education, and to become certified secondary mathematics teachers. The Noyce Scholars will participate in a professional learning community and workshops that explore topics such as social-emotional learning, resilience, and adverse childhood experiences. During the first two years of their teaching careers, NoyceScholars will receive mentoring and additional support.
What will successful applicants receive?
- Full cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room &board, books…) paid
- Support from a learning community of students in the same majors
- Supportive relationships with mentor teachers
- Additional training on working with high need students
- Follow-up support after graduation
What do applicants need to do?
- Complete the application
- Attend courses on-campus at Bemidji StateUniversity
- Complete a double major in mathematics and mathematics education in two years
- Participate in the learning community
- Teach for four years in a high-need K-12 district