TO APPLY FOR YOUR TEACHING LICENSE YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Records will begin processing applications for graduation at the end of the semester. It will take approximately 4-6 weeks after student teaching grades are posted for your degree to be posted. Please keep this in mind when starting your application with PELSB as the application fee is only good for 60 days. To see if your degree has been posted/awarded go to MyBSU – E-Services – Academic Records – Unofficial Transcripts – Chronological – Get Academic Record. Once your degree has been posted it will show up at the top of the page as “Awarded on:”.
OFFICIAL SCORES** ON FILE FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING BASIC SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- MTLE Basic Skills – Reading ≥ 240 Writing ≥ 240 Math ≥ 240 or
- ACT – Composite plus Writing ≥ 22 AND English/Writing ≥ 21 (within 10 years) or
- SAT – Reading ≥ 510 Writing ≥ 510 Math ≥ 520 (within 10 years) or
- GRE Taken after August 11, 2011 Verbal Reasoning: 150, Analytical Writing: 3, and Quantitative Reasoning: 145
- GRE Taken 2001 to August 11, 2011 Verbal Reasoning: 450, Analytical Writing: 3, and Quantitative Reasoning: 540
- Minnesota NES Essential Academic Skills Reading ≥ 520 Writing ≥ 520 Math ≥ 520
- Another state approved Basic Skills Exam:
OFFICIAL SCORES** ON FILE SHOWING YOU HAVE MET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MTLE EXAMS:
- MTLE Pedagogy (Elementary OR Secondary) ≥ 240 each subtest and
- MTLE Content Area(s) ≥ 240 each subtest – see the Advising Coordinator to confirm which tests you need to take
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF TESTING REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE THE BSU TEACHER LICENSURE TESTING GUIDE.
Please Note: BSU will need official scores on file. Scores are released about once per month. The MTLE website provides a list of score report dates – based on when you took the tests:
**Scores sent from the testing company to BSU or score reports with bar codes are considered ‘official scores.’
If you have not attempted the required Pedagogy and Content tests – and – you do not have a job offer, you may apply for a Substitute License.