Most host schools require background checks of teacher candidates BEFORE they can complete their practicum or student teaching experience at the school.
Some forms are listed below. If you do not see your school listed or have specific questions regarding background checks, you should reach out to the school ASAP.
BEMIDJI ISD 31 BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
Request for Release of Background Check Report from ISD 31 to Other District
BAGLEY ISD 162 BCA-BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
BLACKDUCK ISD 32 BCA-BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
B&G CLUB BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
CASS LAKE BENA ISD 115 BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
CASS LAKE BENA ISD 115 DRUG SCREEN FORM-Give to Sandford Health
LAPORTE ISD 306 BACKGROUND CHECK FORM
RED LAKE-PONEMAH ISD 38 BACKGROUND CHECK
SCHOOLCRAFT ISD 4058 BACKGROUND CHECK
TREKNORTH BACKGROUND CHECK
WALKER Volunteer Background Check
WALKER Confidentiality Agreement
Notify the Clinical Office immediately if you are ineligible to complete your hours at a certain school. You will be scheduled to discuss your situation with the Clinical Director. You are not required to disclose your report to anyone. However, you may need to share certain information with the Clinical Director to identify an alternative solution for placement.
Important to note:
- All schools require background checks for student teachers.
- The State of Minnesota allows every school/district to require a background check of anyone entering the school or the school grounds.
- Every school district decides what type of background check and/or drug screening it requires.
- Every district may set its own eligibility parameters.
- A Notary Public signature and/or fee may be required to submit your background check authorization form.
- Every school district may determine to pass the expense of the check/screening on to the student or it may cover the costs of these checks/screenings.
- You may have to pay the fee with cash, check, or cashier’s check made out to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension or the district. Be aware!
- School districts may or may not accept background checks performed by other districts.
Even if they do accept checks performed by other districts, a waiver must always be signed to have one district transfer a report to another district.
- A background check on file with a particular district is usually good for 12 months from the time it was executed.
You may have to authorize another background check even if you have previously visited a certain district.