Technology Education (grades 5 -12) Partnership between Bemidji State University and St. Cloud State University
Bemidji State University and St. Cloud State University have partnered to offer a 5-12 technology education license. Complete the “how to teach” education courses with FasTrack at Bemidji State, and complete the technology content courses and student teaching at St. Cloud State University!!
Where to start: First connect with SCSU to determine your ability to complete the technology education content courses with SCSU.
If all is approved by SCSU, apply to BSU. To be eligible for this license, you must apply and be accepted to both universities. Please discuss this program option with both universities to determine your plan of study.
Bemidji State University
Register with BSU to take your Education “How to Teach” courses. These courses will be provided through BSU FasTrack. Required courses: ED 5000, ED 5100, ED 5110, ED 5350, ED 5140, ED 5780, HLTH 5400, ED 5737, ED 5799
- Plan to complete ED 5000 (pre-program course) the semester prior to
officially starting FasTrack.
- FasTrack is a hybrid/online cohort initiative. There are THREE mandatory Face-to-Face meetings (in the Twin Cities) per year.
- Contact: Jessamay Pesek, PEDL and FasTrack Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
St. Cloud State State University
Those seeking licensure in technology education should:
- Review info provided by St. Cloud State University.
- Contact Dr. Kurt Helgeson, Department Chair of Technology Studies. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Hentges, Charles email@example.com
St. Cloud State will review your transcript to determine what technology education courses will be required for you to qualify for the licensure.
Plan to concurrently complete courses at both Bemidji State University and St. Cloud State University. SCSU will administer the student teaching experience during the final semester of your coursework.