LSW Licensure

Becoming a Licensed Social Worker (LSW)

  • If you wish to attain the title Licensed Social Worker (LSW) in Minnesota, you must first get a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited university or college, such as Bemidji State University
  • Next, you must pass the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Bachelor’s Level Exam
  • Upon successful completion of the ASWB exam you must apply to be a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) through the Minnesota Board of Social Work

Social Work License Tools & Resources

Social Work Exam Prep

ASWB Study Guide

Choosing a Licensing Supervisor

MN Board of Social Work License Tools

MN Licensing Supervision Resources