“Tiny House bids were opened on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. The winning bid was $54,000. Bemidji State University is working with the successful bidder on completing the sale.”
AS A SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT PROJECT THE TINY HOUSE WILL BE SOLD AS FOLLOWS:
Bemidji State University is offering for sale a tiny house designed and built by the School of Technology, Art & Design Students to create an endowed scholarship.
SPECIFICATIONS and FEATURES
- Interior main floor is 7.5’ x 23’ = 172.5 sq. ft. with a loft of 50” x 97” = 33.68 sq. ft. for a total of 206.18 sq. ft. of living space.
- Floor – 4.5” treated Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) from Extreme Technologies (R16 insulation).
- Walls – 4.5” Structural Insulated Panel from Extreme Technologies (R16 insulation).
- Roof – 8” Structural Insulated Panel from Extreme Technologies (R32 insulation).
- Cedar beveled siding and Pro Panel II Steel Siding (black)
- Marvin Integrity Ultrex Windows and Patio Door (including screens) with Ebony Exterior and Stone White Interior
- Gable Roof – Pro Panel II Steel Siding (black)
- ¾ Bathroom
- 32” neo-angle shower
- Stylemate Neo Angle Shower enclosure
- ProFlo flush toilet installed (Prewired for optional composting toilet.)
- Roughed in for optional washer/dryer.
- With full-height wall of storage cabinets
- EZ Tankless Water Heater, LP Gas requires 2 “D” cell batteries (included).
- Interior finishes
- Walls-1/2” sheet rock
- Ceiling and wall pine 1 X 6, T & G with white-wash stain & polyurethane finish
- Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Electrical systems
- 120-volt and 12-volt outlets and switches installed
- USB charging and data/communication outlets
- LED Ceiling light fixtures 12V & 120V
- Ceiling fan in the living area 12V
- Exhaust fan and light in kitchen 12V
- Safe-T-Alert (RV) Combination Carbon Monoxide and Gas Detector
- Kidde Intelligent Alarm Combination Smoke and CO Alarm
- Tri Metric Battery Monitor
- Two 12-Volt Batteries. (NSB-AGM31M and ELT-AGM27M)
- Backwoods Solar Photovoltaic Panels (2) 250W each.
- Atwood LP gas range and slide-in cooktop
- Norcold gas/electric refrigerator
- Daikin split air conditioner/heater
- Two twenty-pound LP tanks with regulator.
- Kitchen cabinets and full height storage cabinets in bathroom
- Granite counter tops provided by Twin City Discount Granite.
- Contemporary full size sleeper sofa and custom loft mattress provided by Frizzell Furniture, Bemidji.
A representative from Bemidji State University and the buyers of this house will do a complete inspection before the house leaves the college campus. Bemidji State University will not be responsible for any damage to the house during the moving process, e.g., sheetrock, siding, doors, windows, or roofing.
THE HOUSE WILL BE SOLD AS FOLLOWS:
- The tiny house will be offered for sale to the public, on a sealed bid basis, via FaceBook, Bemidji State University website, Minnstate website, and the School of Technology, Art & Design (TAD) website postings, and newspaper ads listed in the Bemidji Pioneer and the BuyLine.
- The BSU Tiny House will be sold as is, no warranty.
- All bids are to be mailed in a sealed envelope marked “2021 BSU Tiny House Bid” addressed to:
Bemidji State University
Attn: Ronald Beckstrom, Director of Business Services, #5
1500 Birchmont Dr NE
Bemidji MN 56601,
or delivered in person during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM to Ronald Beckstrom, Deputy Hall 201A on the Bemidji State University campus.
- Bids will be accepted Monday, August 9th, 2021, through Monday, August 23rd, 2021.
- During the bidding process, bids will be opened Thursday, August 12th and Thursday, August 19th, 2021, at 3:00 PM with the highest current bid being posted the following business day. Bidding increments of $1000.00.
- Winning bidder will be contacted by Bemidji State University.
- The purchaser must pay sales tax at the rate of 7.875% to Bemidji State University on 65% of the selling price. Example at the minimum bid price: $50,000.00 x 65% x 7.875% = $2559.38 sales tax. Arrangements for the final payment will be negotiated and a Purchase Agreement will be presented for signing.The buyer would be responsible for insurance on the house at the time that the house has been paid in full, wh5ether the house has been moved from Bemidji State University campus property or not.A timetable for the moving of the house from the Bemidji State University campus will be negotiated.The Bemidji State University reserves the right to accept or reject any bid.
- All bids must include a $5,000.00 (certified check or money order) earnest money contract.The Tiny House has an invested value of $25,000 in direct expense and an additional $43,000 of in-kind donations.The purchaser must pay sales tax at the rate of 7.875.
- Earnest money checks are to be made payable to Bemidji State University and state “Tiny House earnest money” in the memo line.
***As of Friday, 8/20/21, no bids have been received.
“Mailed bids postmarked on or before August 23, 2021 are being accepted through Monday, August 30. We will be opening bids on Tuesday, August 31 and the winning bidder contacted shortly thereafter.”
For further information or for an appointment to see the house, contact Ronald Beckstrom, Director of Business Services at (218) 755-2743 or email@example.com .
THE TINY HOUSE WAS CONSTRUCTED IN ALIGNMENT WITH “A GUIDE TO PARK MODEL RV ANSI A119.5 HANDBOOK.”
Plumbing materials and installation donated by Dick’s Plumbing & Heating.
Electrical installation donated by Frontier Electric.
Photovoltaic solar system funded by Wanzek Construction a MasTec company.
TINY HOUSE DONORS:
|Frontier Electric||LePier Shoreline and Outdoors|
|Wanzek Construction, a MasTec company||Marvin Windows and Doors|
|Northwoods Lumber||Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence|
|Extreme Panels||SCR, Inc.(St. Cloud Refrigeration, Inc.)|
|Done Right Drywall, LLC||Sherwin-Williams Store|
|Potlatch Corporation||Simonson Design|
|Bemidji Welder Supplies, Inc.||Milwaukee Tools|
|Acme Tools||Frizzell Furniture Gallery|
|BSU Alumni Association||Twin City Discount Granite|
|Kraus-Anderson Construction Company||KB RV Center of Bemidji|
|Dick’s Plumbing and Heating||Pleasureland RV Center – Brainerd|
Please Note: The Floe Dock and stairway system are on loan from LePier Shoreline and Outdoors for display purposes only. They are not included in the Tiny House sale but are available for purchase from LePier Shoreline and Outdoors.
Disclaimer: The content of this document is believed to be reasonably accurate and was made in a good faith attempt for sharing in this document.
Check out the photo gallery below: