Login to Zoom (login with StarID and password)To ensure Zoom’s functionality is offered to you through the Minnesota State contract, please ensure that you are using https://minnstate.zoom.us to access and use the Zoom service.
All active Minnesota State faculty, staff and students are able to access Zoom.
Student’s DO NOT have access to Webinar option.
(Minnesota State has signed an agreement with Zoom that ends June 13, 2023)
Zoom is currently available on these platforms: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS & ChromeOS
Because Minnstate has a contract with Zoom, You will NOT need to ‘Sign-up’. All you have to do is ‘Sign-in’.
From the web ( https://minnstate.zoom.us ) you will use your StarID and Password to Sign-in.
From the Zoom App you will choose the SSO (Single Sign On) Option and enter ‘Minnstate‘ Where it’s asking for your company domain then click continue.
Zoom Training, Guides and Tutorials (check back for regular updates)
- Zoom Features and Demos:
Meeting Rooms – With a 300 person meeting room capacity, you can schedule different URLs for each meeting you host or use your Personal Meeting ID as a persistent meeting location. Need more room, your account also gets a 500 person webinar space. Watch this video.
- Microphone and Telephone Audio – If you can’t use the amazing audio quality of a microphone, enjoy the option to dial in or have Zoom call your phone. There is no charge to use the telephone service. Watch this video.
- Video – If your camera and internet connection can handle it, you’ll enjoy HD quality video. Don’t have a HD camera or a “super-fast” connection to the Internet, no worries, Zoom will accommodate you. Watch this video.
- Recordings – Employees enjoy the ability to record their meetings to Zoom’s cloud service or their own computer. Recordings stored on Zoom’s cloud service will stick around for 365 days before they are deleted automatically.Zoom also sends recordings directly to your Kaltura MediaSpace account for indefinite storage. Students can also record meetings to Zoom’s cloud service, but they only hang around 180 days. Watch this video.
- Screen Sharing and Whiteboards – You can choose to share your computer screen or annotate on a whiteboard. Watch this video.
- Breakout Rooms – Do you want to facilitate small group discussion? Breakout rooms are here to rescue you. Watch this video.
- Mobile Device Support – In addition to traditional Win/Mac versions, Zoom has covered all major mobile platforms including iPhones/iPads using iOS, Androids, Chromebooks using ChromeOS. Watch this video.
- Calendar Integration – Add the Zoom plugin to your Outlook account, sign in using the SSO option minnstate.zoom.us and add a Zoom meeting location right from your calendar invitation. This plugin makes sending an Outlook meeting invitation with Zoom so easy! Watch this video.