eLearning Support Staff & Services
Julie Adams Beth Jensen
Educational Developer Lead D2L Administrator
Brian Jambor Dawn Pepper
Educational Technology Graduate Assistant
Course Development and Course Design Support
- Supports faculty in the development of online courses using current, research-based design standards; adult learning theory; evidence-based teaching strategies that are innovative and engaging, particularly those with a focus on authentic, real-world learning experiences.
- Supports faculty in the design of the online course environment in D2L based on Quality Matters standards.
- “Course Design for Online Courses” – a site in D2L to help faculty prepare their online course environment. Can also be used to prepare an online or blended course for a QM Course Review.
- Collaborates with members of the Quality Matters Team to (1) provide support for faculty before and during the Quality Matters review process and to (2) notify faculty about QM & MOQI workshops & webinars, certificate programs, and conferences.
- “Collaborative Online Course Review” – a facilitated D2L site designed to help faculty evaluate and modify (if necessary) their online course environment in preparation for a Quality Matters review.
D2L Brightspace Training and Support (on-campus & online)
- Tutorials and Videos: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/distance/elearning/d2l-handouts-and-videos/
- Faculty and Staff Orientation site in D2L (can self-register if not already enrolled)
Workshops, open labs, one-on-one training, & demonstrations – in the eLearning Support Center located in the Library 236, or in your office.
- Notifications of workshops, training sessions, and meetings, as well as updates related to D2L.
- Just-in-time support (answering your questions related to D2L) – by phone or email OR in the eLearning Support Center.
- Individual assistance – for moving on-campus courses to the online environment in D2L, including instructional design and basic course (environment) design support.
- Support for D2L sites for other uses such as advising, training, organizations, collaboration, etc.
Educational Technology Support
- EdTech website – https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/distance/elearning/edtech/
- Providing tools, training, and support for teaching/learning goals through the use of technologies.
- Consulting with departments and faculty about new teaching, learning and technology projects and tools.
- Cultivating communication and collaboration among departments, faculty and staff through programs like “Words with Nerds.”
- Supporting existing software and programs that enhance teaching: online meeting and collaboration tools, MediaSpace video recording, storage and streaming, captioning, creating online audio, video and narrated PowerPoint (Adobe Presenter, Panopto) lectures for playback in D2L Brightspace, plus others…
- Evaluating new academic technologies for teaching/learning and sharing knowledge.