The Graduate Project and Presentation Proposal Approval Form must be completed by each student seeking an Applied Master’s degree at Bemidji State University. Each student is responsible for:
- Initiating communication with the assigned advisor to ensure that the correct process for completing the proposal is followed.
- Acquiring the specific guidelines associated with the written proposal for presentation of the capstone experience.
- Becoming familiar with the guidelines that apply to the area of study and discussing questions related to the guidelines with the advisor.
- Meeting with the advisor on a regular basis at mutually agreed upon times.
- Selecting an Oral Presentation Committee (includes advisor). Each committee must consist of:
- at least two BSU graduate faculty members, one of whom must be from a department other than the department hosting the graduate program;
- a BSU approved professional in the field. The student is responsible for securing a résumé from the field representative;
- a final committee approval determined by the department hosting the program and the College Dean.
- Obtaining the necessary form(s) from the School of Graduate Studies and provide copies of all required paperwork.