Requirements for Liberal Education courses may change over time. For this reason, you should reference the catalog you are registered under to check your Liberal Education requirements.
To find out what catalog you are registered under check your Degree Audit Report (DAR) in E-Services located under “links” in MyBSU.
Check Historical Requirements for information on previous Lib Ed requirements.
Honors Program Requirements
Students are required to take a minimum of 40 credits in Goal Areas 1 through 10 and a minimum of 42 credits overall:
- Goal Area 1: Communication (2 courses, 6 credits)
- Goal Area 2: Critical Thinking (requires completion of the rest of the Liberal Education program)
- Goal Area 3: Natural Science (2 courses, including 1 with a lab component [LC], 7 or more credits)
- Goal Area 4: Mathematics (1 course, 3 or more credits)
- Goal Area 5: History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences (2 courses, 6 or more credits)
- Goal Area 6: Humanities and the Arts (2 courses, 5 or more credits)
- Goal Area 7: Human Diversity in the United States (1 course, 2 or more credits)
- Goal Area 8: Global Perspective (1 course, 3 or more credits)
- Goal Area 9: Ethical and Civic Responsibility (1 course, 2 or more credits)
- Goal Area 10: People and the Environment (1 course, 3 credits)
- Goal Area 11: Performance and Participation (1 course, 1 or more credits)