Distance learners are eligible for all financial aid opportunities, including federal and state loans, grants, and scholarships.
To remain eligible for financial aid, you must:
- Be admitted to BSU as a degree-seeking student. Federal regulations do not allow students to receive financial aid through BSU if admitted in a non-degree seeking status. Contact Admissions to change your status.
- Carry a minimum of six credits of coursework per semester (some students qualify for a grant with fewer than six credits).
- Register early each semester to avoid delays in receiving financial aid.
- Maintain sufficient credits for your financial aid status. For example, if you receive aid as a full-time student, you must carry a full-time credit load (12 or more credits).
- Complete all coursework before each semester end-date.
- Click here for additional financial aid information in MyBSU.
For scholarships, please submit your BSU Scholarship Biography Application each year before the deadline.