Distance learners are eligible for all financial aid opportunities, including federal and state loans, grants, and scholarships.
To remain eligible for financial aid, you must:
- Gain admittance to the University as a “regular” degree-seeking student. Federal regulations do not allow students to receive financial aid if admitted as “special,” which means that you are not working toward a degree. Contact Admissions to change your status.
- Carry a minimum of six credits of coursework per semester (some students qualify for a grant with fewer than six credits).
- Register early each semester to avoid delays in receiving financial aid.
- Maintain sufficient credits for your financial aid status. For example, if you receive aid as a full-time student, you must carry a full-time credit load.
- Complete all coursework, including Extended Learning coursework, within the beginning and ending dates of each semester.
- Click here for additional financial aid information in MyBSU.
Apply for scholarships.