BEST You @ BSU Overall Student Learning Objectives
- Students will be aware of the Best You @ BSU program and be able to identify the seven dimensions of wellness.
- Students will be able to describe the dimensions of wellness and the various factors affecting each dimension, and the interrelationships of the dimensions.
- Students will attend and participate in Best You @ BSU wellness events throughout the year to increase their overall wellness.
Student Learning Outcomes for Seven Pathways to Wellness
- Academic & Career Wellness – Finding Purpose
- Student will strengthen their academic related skills through a collaborative approach.
- Students will be referred to the appropriate service bases on their need.
- Students will identify programs that best fits their interests, abilities and values.
- Students will have access to assessments and career coaching to help them choose a major that matches their interests, abilities and strengths.
- Students will participate in career events and activities that connect them to future careers, (i.e., part-time employment, internships, volunteer work, practice and on-campus interviews, job fairs, etc.)
- Cultural Wellness – Understanding, learning and embracing differences.
Students will understand, honor and celebrate their own cultures and heritages, and demonstrate respect for the experiences and differences of others.
- Emotional Wellness – Healthy Mind
Students will identify strategies to manage emotional wellness.
- Environmental Wellness – Sustainable Lifestyle
- Students will understand the interrelationships of people and the rest of the natural world.
- Students will interact with and learn from the lakes, land and animal and plant relatives.
- Student will take action to protect Mother Earth both on campus and in our community.
- Students will model and teach sustainable behaviors for the well being of future generations.
- Financial Wellness – Manage Money
Improve student’s awareness of individual student loan debt and ways to reduce student loan debt.
- Physical Wellness – Healthy Body
Students who participate in recreational activities, programs and services [i.e. Campus Recreation Activities, Intramurals, Outdoor Program Center, Club Sports, Fitness Classes and Goal Area 11 courses] will be able to take an active role in their personal wellness and will understand how physical activity will improve health
- Social Wellness – Healthy Interpersonal Relationships
- Students will identify possible opportunities to engagement on campus and in their community.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Students will feel a sense of place through their connections in clubs, organizations, campus activities or community activities.
Feedback about this webpage.